10 - Lionel Messi - V6

raskolnikov

Should stay in the final third.

Feel tht way too. He is easil our best finisher and can make the final passesbut his workrate is too low to play deeper or on the wing. But that means Suarez need to be on the bench. I doubt Valverde has the balls to do this though. Suarez is basically unsubbable at this point like Messi, let alone droppable to the bench.

Sorin

To all the clueless bastards who post shit about this man, after delivering silverware season after season, you can suck donkey dicks.

Our main striker can't score in a brothel, Messi goes out and scores like the best striker ever to drags us for months. The main striker gets his form back, the guy adjusts by playing a complementary striker role. Busquets, Rakitic and co can't bring the ball out of defense to save their lives, here drops Messi to collect the ball and finally advance past the fucking half-line. Need I go on?

We wouldn't have half the trophies without this man. Especially in the last years. Bunch of utter stupid ungrateful cunts!

Vilarrubi

To all the clueless bastards who post shit about this man, after delivering silverware season after season, you can suck donkey dicks.

Our main striker can't score in a brothel, Messi goes out and scores like the best striker ever to drags us for months. The main striker gets his form back, the guy adjusts by playing a complementary striker role. Busquets, Rakitic and co can't bring the ball out of defense to save their lives, here drops Messi to collect the ball and finally advance past the fucking half-line. Need I go on?

We wouldn't have half the trophies without this man. Especially in the last years. Bunch of utter stupid ungrateful cunts!

+1

“But... but.... let’s blame Messi for walking”.... that is literally the last of our problems and our defeats in the CL are nothing to do with that. Midfield is main problem.. has been for a few years.

BarçaBarça

Feel tht way too. He is easil our best finisher and can make the final passesbut his workrate is too low to play deeper or on the wing. But that means Suarez need to be on the bench. I doubt Valverde has the balls to do this though. Suarez is basically unsubbable at this point like Messi, let alone droppable to the bench.

Wouldn't it be possible to play Messi in the final third, while Suarez is on the field? I think so, even though, I would like Suarez to be benched regularly.
Suarez as a sub in 2nd half in most games would be quite fine by me.

Sorin

+1

“But... but.... let’s blame Messi for walking”.... that is literally the last of our problems and our defeats in the CL are nothing to do with that. Midfield is main problem.. has been for a few years.

It's unfuckingbelievable having to defend Messi on a Barca board. The last player that should receive any kind of criticism really. If the other players would be world beaters in every match only for Messi to screw up again and again, then fair enough. However, when the guy has a maximum of 10 games a year(if that) when he's below par you won't hear the end of it. He's 30-31yo and a fucking human you clueless pricks.

Edit: Below par match for him is a career night for most of our other players, so yeah.

Last edited:

Pedro

La Masia
It's a shame he wasn't good at the World Cup like this otherwise could've gone onto to win the World Cup instead of France

Yes he was great yesterday, but bad performances in big CL knockout games like vs. Roma is when he will rightly get criticized.

Sorin

It's a shame he wasn't good at the World Cup like this otherwise could've gone onto to win the World Cup instead of France

Yes he was great yesterday, but bad performances in big CL knockout games like vs. Roma is when he will rightly get criticized.

Above, you have exactly the type of poster i was talking about.

Lmao at he was great yesterday. He's been great non-stop for 13 fucking years you clueless waffle. Who was great in the Rome game? No one, so it's less about Messi stinking the place as much as other stinking the place to unbelievable proportions.

What should I expect from a guy that sucked Nerman's dick even when he was clearly out the door and causing all kind of ruckus.

Like I said, ungrateful cunts.

Kul_z

I've been reading a lot of portals today, and suprisingly only few of them reported about the game, and our goat nowhere near the headlines. But ronaldo is everywhere, 'ronaldo debut' 'no goal but all smiles' 'how serie a is getting interesting with ronaldo' etc. I'm starting to think that a lot of them are on ronaldo's pr payroll, for real. I cant even imagine what would it be if diva scores a free kick like leo.

And yes, this ballon d'or shit would be much more fair if the overall rating through season would decide who was the best player in a season. Clearly goat would have 7 or 8 by now for sure

Above, you have exactly the type of poster i was talking about.

Lmao at he was great yesterday. He's been great non-stop for 13 fucking years you clueless waffle. Who was great in the Rome game? No one, so it's less about Messi stinking the place as much as other stinking the place to unbelievable proportions.

What should I expect from a guy that sucked Nerman's dick even when he was clearly out the door and causing all kind of ruckus.

Like I said, ungrateful cunts.

I couldnt believe weeks ago what i was reading here. Everybody deserves a 'spanking' if they are not playing good, are out of form for months and all the little sickness football brings you. This man only had couple of fuckin matches below his standards in 10 years. Not months, games. I cant even imagine what this club would look like if he gets injured now.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
I do not quite understand why there is so much discussion in this thread. It's like people are surprised at how well Messi played against Alaves. The thing is he has always done this in La Liga against all teams. The main criticism Messi gets lies in high-pressure CL knock-out games.

Sorin

I've been reading a lot of portals today, and suprisingly only few of them reported about the game, and our goat nowhere near the headlines. But ronaldo is everywhere, 'ronaldo debut' 'no goal but all smiles' 'how serie a is getting interesting with ronaldo' etc. I'm starting to think that a lot of them are on ronaldo's pr payroll, for real. I cant even imagine what would it be if diva scores a free kick like leo.

And yes, this ballon d'or shit would be much more fair if the overall rating through season would decide who was the best player in a season. Clearly goat would have 7 or 8 by now for sure

I couldnt believe weeks ago what i was reading here. Everybody deserves a 'spanking' if they are not playing good, are out of form for months and all the little sickness football brings you. This man only had couple of fuckin matches below his standards in 10 years. Not months, games. I cant even imagine what this club would look like if he gets injured now.

Spot on. You can count on one hand the sub-par matches every year but when he does have them it's a disaster and he doesn't run, doesn't defend, can't move past players, too passive. Basically if he doesn't perform to world class levels on every goddamn position on the pitch, for very damn match of the season the guy gets blamed. If we have La Liga to show last year, it's because Messi in attack and Ter Stegen between the posts played to goat levels. Otherwise we'd have shit to show. The guy almost kept us in the title hunt in 2017 by goating all over Madrid in a must win game. Not to mention solo performances like against Vilarreal and several other matches when we had no business being anywhere near winning points.

He's not all perfect, nobody is, and I criticized him for not moving few meters here and there to make himself available for one-twos in attack or to block th defenders path in defense. However, we have bigger worries than that really and he's the least of our problems by a big margin. To see people shitting on him while sucking every other poacher's dick on a barca board is mind-boggling.

KingLeo10

I do not quite understand why there is so much discussion in this thread. It's like people are surprised at how well Messi played against Alaves. The thing is he has always done this in La Liga against all teams. The main criticism Messi gets lies in high-pressure CL knock-out games.

Messi isn't quite the unstoppable force he used to be in CL but he still bails us out more often than not (chelsea last season we wouldn't have a sniff of winning without him. He flopped v Roma, true). So this high pressure CL knockouts narrative is misleading, and the same criticism was applied to CR7 back in the day.

The alarming issue in our CL defeats in last 5 years is the team is completely limp in away games and incapable of scoring unless Messi does (MSN 2015 was only exception). Messi underperformed in some of these games. Both Atletico losses and Roma loss he was subpar, but against Juve he put on a passing clinic that should have seen us get 1-2 away goals if our forwards weren't donkeys. Three things need to improve

1) Messi should aim to play a more forward role in CL games.

2) He should give more than his 100% for these games. There's only 1-2 great away performances needed to push us to the final where it's neutral venue.

3) Team should stop being reliant on him in these high pressure games and trust their own abilities. Right now, Coutinho is the only one in the team who doesn't defer to Messi in the final third or even in the midfield. And what do you know, he has the talent and scores screamers.

Home of Barca Fans