10 - Lionel Messi - V6

BusiTheKing

Don't know what to take away from this game. Yeah, he did genius things once again, but we already know what he's capable of.

His workrate was still terrible, he looked nervous, and he did very little as captain to keep us focused and on our toes for 90 minutes.

Mitchell1978

Don't know what to take away from this game. Yeah, he did genius things once again, but we already know what he's capable of.

His workrate was still terrible, he looked nervous, and he did very little as captain to keep us focused and on our toes for 90 minutes.

I guess there's no pleasing some people, jesus, what a terrible post.

sickstar

We should write down all the users that always come criticize him when there's no goal from him.
A critic for one match is one thing, but making it as though it's a general thing is another.
We know that he's not as explosive and as quick as the old days, but we also know that he's improving in other aspects as well.

EdmondDantes

These popularity contests mean nothing. Messi is the best in the world; this year, last year, next year. No one comes close.

BusiTheKing

I guess there's no pleasing some people, jesus, what a terrible post.

I guess it might have sounded a bit overly pessimistic, but what the hell. I was hoping after that speech, that he would be different, so I feel a bit let down that there was really no evidence to support that tonight.

Just don't act all surprised if he's rendered useless again facing teams that put the pressure on, cause he will be with this attitude.

Mitchell1978

I guess it might have sounded a bit overly pessimistic, but what the hell. I was hoping after that speech, that he would be different, so I feel a bit let down that there was really no evidence to support that tonight.

Just don't act all surprised if he's rendered useless again facing teams that put the pressure on, cause he will be with this attitude.

He scored 3 goals, dribbling wasn't that great but overall great game (scored goals, passing was good, was involved etc).
He leads by example, he will never be a vocal leader or some sort, you're delusional if you expect that, or if you expect that he will suddenly run 10k or more.

Horatio

You're welcome
everytime he gets in, you know it's a goal lol.

has probably the best finishing of all time.

i thought original ronaldo's finished was the best.

messi is freakish , half a chance one and one and he seems to know a secret to pass the keeper every time.

Messi is definitely the most dangerous player 1 on 1.

BusiTheKing

He scored 3 goals, dribbling wasn't that great but overall great game (scored goals, passing was good, was involved etc).
He leads by example, he will never be a vocal leader or some sort, you're delusional if you expect that, or if you expect that he will suddenly run 10k or more.

I'm not saying that he wasn't great tonight or that he's not sole reason for most of our wins. It's pleasing watching him do things like tonight, but it hardly surprises me. He's by far the most talented football player on the planet. He also did genius things last year and the year before that.

I can't believe that you can say that he leads by example and not realize how huge a problem that is. You think his teammates will watch him waltz around a couple of defenders with minimum effort before threading an impossible through ball and think to themselves, "huh, why wasn't I doing this all along? lemme just walk around and wait for the ball to come to me and do then do some magic".

He gets to walk and avoid pressing because no-one in the history of football can have the impact that he can while doing so. If anybody else tries to do what he does, it would pretty much mean playing with 10 men.

Total-Football

he needs more intensity.. much much more.. because not all times our opponents camp in their half. i hope he finds freshness when the hard times arrive.

Kul_z

he needs more intensity.. much much more.. because not all times our opponents camp in their half. i hope he finds freshness when the hard times arrive.

To both of you ungrateful morons, he's not alone. As far i can remember football is a team sport, and every player have their job. Messi's job is attack, and he goes from goals and assists, to playmaker shit, and undoubtely, he is the best man that ever was and is for that job. Cl is not one man job, its unity. And we have a fucking master in attack but we have to utilize, or make them capable to follow and cover. He's not moving, well, he doesn't have to. In whatever circumstances, captain is marked with one/two without posession, two minimal when in posession. Do you, ignorant ungrateful idiots realize the math? His presence alone is enough to keep 1 or two players out of the game, when in posession 2 players is like a routine stuff. If the other team mates do their job, like captain does and delivers, we'd be a unbeatable force. But, its hard to understand goat stuff

Total-Football

dont shoot me stan. he is not above criticism, no one is.. im not complaining about today, he scored 3 goals without even trying.. we have a medicore manager. so when we meet tough opponents we need a hungry messi because basically he will be the decesive factor between a win (chealsea) or a loss (roma). hungry messi is what gotten us through the blues because frankly they outplayed us both away and at home turf.

Home of Barca Fans