10 - Lionel Messi - V6

BarçaBarça

The rest he gets from the NT-breaks is really great for him! He has been on top of his game all start of the season, and that means everything to the team.
Maybe he can now realize that rest is necessary (like Ronaldo did years ago), and take more breaks from the National team in the future :)

I'm hesitant to jinx it, but it looks like he could break some goal-records in CL this year! Just what we need :D

Givenchy

The rest he gets from the NT-breaks is really great for him! He has been on top of his game all start of the season, and that means everything to the team.
Maybe he can now realize that rest is necessary (like Ronaldo did years ago), and take more breaks from the National team in the future :)

I'm hesitant to jinx it, but it looks like he could break some goal-records in CL this year! Just what we need :D

feel the same, hes a different player thus far in the CL this season, looks extra motivated. that was pure GOATmode vs Spurs

FinBarcelonafan

He would be hilarious if his comments about Messi wasn't taken deadserious by so many people.
That fact makes his comments a bit sad to me.

Anybody who takes his comments seriously is an idiot. Maradona is a coke head and probably has some sort of mental problem. No reason to take him seriously.

raskolnikov

Why is Kempes not more rated among Argentines compared to Maradona by the way? His 86 wc is rated as the pinnacle of carrying a team to wc glory but Kempes did a similair job in their own country in 78 yet you rarely hear anyone about him compared to Diego.

FCBfan22

Why is Kempes not more rated among Argentines compared to Maradona by the way? His 86 wc is rated as the pinnacle of carrying a team to wc glory but Kempes did a similair job in their own country in 78 yet you rarely hear anyone about him compared to Diego.

Well, he's not doing cocaine...

MagIX

Because of the not even comparable performance and because Maradona is one of the best players (top 3) ever.
Said that, i agree with Kempes.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Because of the not even comparable performance and because Maradona is one of the best players (top 3) ever.
Said that, i agree with Kempes.

How so? That Maradona did it alone is such a myth. That 86 Argentina team had two other players that's counted as one of Argentina's 10 best players of all-time.

A big part of Maradona's legacy is Hand of God, basically he cheated. Also the career he had in Napoli.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans