10 - Lionel Messi - V6

ebc_99

Played ok, Argentina should still qualify from the group in 2nd which would mean Brazil in SF if they win their QF games. Hopefully they grow into the tournament.

pregra

He deserves criticism today, poor performance..

To look at it positively no one cares about the group stages, just need to qualify.. What he does in the knockout stages is what counts.
Wake up call: This Argentina side won’t even reach the KO stage

omidferoz

I could careless about Argentina
But anyone who can't see Messi is almost done are just fooling themselves.

If scoring 50 goals a season is done, then every football player on this planet is done. He is still miles ahead of everyone. Not a single player comes close to him even at his current age.

ebc_99

I could careless about Argentina
But anyone who can't see Messi is almost done are just fooling themselves.

He was the best player in the world the past 12 months by a mile, how is he almost done? Many people believe it was one of his best seasons but according to you he is nearly finished, Barcaforum has hit a new low, well done.

sickstar

No i think he did good especially 2nd half.

He's never really great with header and that one chance was from a loose ball and the number 6 colombia player raised a foot high. Never an easy one.

And i watch only from last 15 minutes of 1st half. They were awful. But its a different team in the 2nd half. Messi was more active, having more runs, one interception and should be one tackle if i remember it correctly. All he needed was someone good in wing and finisher. He's more active in getting the winger on the run than feeding it right to the striker. He's almost a center midfielder now. Not even a second striker.

Edit:my bad not 1 tackle but 1 block. So 1 interception and 1 block (and interception is similar to block)

Last edited:

eaman

di maria, messi look drained , bad stamina, knackered and like you said done.

Messi was actually running around alot in this game. Doing alot of closing down anyway. He looked fresh and why wouldn't he seen as he has played very little in the last few weeks

Arizona Scott

No athletic wingers or strikers. full of slow dead weights. kind like Barca

Yes, some similarities. The amount to time and space Colombia had was crazy. Argentina's right side midfield/defense quite pathetic. And too many squad players just not top flight level. Is there some kind of requirement players in leagues in the Americas have to be in the Argentina roster and there has to be a token player or two among them on the pitch at any one time?

Raketa10

I can't understand all the fuss? Argentina has a VERY limited team. Yes they have the GOAT but only Messi and Aguero are world class players everyone else is far form required level. NO ONE sane can expect this team to win Copa.

People in Argentina need to be more realistic about their national team and lower their expectations. I understand they have hope but to attack Messi after every defeat is STUPID as it gets. At the moment there are at least 3 better teams in this tournament: Brazil, Uruguay and Coulumbia so this defeat shouldn't surprise anyone.

When you read the reactions after Argentina games you come to conclusion that only handful of people really understand football as a game.

Last edited:

Ritchie

It is true they could, but i doubt it. lacking in pace throughout and identity. i think a semis exit to brazil is their most likely outcome.

That'd be a good achievement. They're absolutely shit. They won't qualify for the next World Cup unless Messi drags them there on his own, but he's well into his 30s now.

They're a bit like Holland were when missing out on recent tournaments but then the next generation emerged. Argentina have nothing.

Blaugranaa

When I watch Argentina it's like watching myself as a teacher. When we have sports we sometimes play football. I'll team up with the girls and play against the boys. The girl team usually has more players than the boys' team. I do what I can to win but whatever I do to assist my team mates, their lack of quality stops us from beating the boys. This reminds me of Messi and Argentina. It can be frustrating. On the other hand, when playing boys vs boys I turn in to a Ronaldo, whose job is to be at the right spot at the right time. :p

By the way, my dream was to get paid for playing football and my dream came true :hooray:

Home of Barca Fans