10 - Lionel Messi - V6

MagIX

Golden boot for messi is secondary. Even if mbappe take it from him, he will still win both world best football title (fifa, ballon) as long as barca get the treble.

This

sure PSG will play the last games trying to make Mbappe score as many goals as possible.

Messi must have only one thing in his mind: the CL.

ini4ever

I know he thinks about CL and other trophies over golden boot but so should Valverde, he gotta rest Messi before Liverpool matches.

Vilarrubi

Mbappe winning the golden boot this season is nearly as pointless as him winning 100 goals in training trophy or a Camel racing trophy.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Messi is so good his fellow players are too much in awe and always look for him in every attack. Everything goes trough him. You can tell they play different when isnt playing and others are forced to step up.

Yes. It makes sense to let him do his thing but it often kills whatever we have of a game-plan and fluidity. Having a big player who doesn't have too much respect for him to partner him up-front would be good. Suarez, even with his with his dead legs, doesn't have that fear and thus suits him.

raskolnikov

Yes. It makes sense to let him do his thing but it often kills whatever we have of a game-plan and fluidity. Having a big player who doesn't have too much respect for him to partner him up-front would be good. Suarez, even with his with his dead legs, doesn't have that fear and thus suits him.

True, thats what I always appreciated about msn compared tothe likes of Alexis,Tello, Pedro,Cesc and many others.
Messi was always the main force but with msn it could as easily gone trough Neymar.

Dembele also doesnt have that fear in him imo. But it doesnt help if he is yelled at whenever he doesnt pass.

Arizona Scott

In a weird way i think mbappe wins the EGB i think it makes it impossible for the bdo voters not to rank him 1st. They will lnow he wont get a consolation prize if they dont do their jobs again.

Ideally messi gets gb and bdo and a cl win, but if something is to give gb for sure. It is criminal a ligue 1 goal counts as 2 just like the 4 nations with the with the 4 CL spots and far ahead in club investment. It used to be portugal getting 2 and bas dost almost stole one one year. But in the end not all that important.

Horatio

You're welcome
In a weird way i think mbappe wins the EGB i think it makes it impossible for the bdo voters not to rank him 1st. They will lnow he wont get a consolation prize if they dont do their jobs again.

Ideally messi gets gb and bdo and a cl win, but if something is to give gb for sure. It is criminal a ligue 1 goal counts as 2 just like the 4 nations with the with the 4 CL spots and far ahead in club investment. It used to be portugal getting 2 and bas dost almost stole one one year. But in the end not all that important.

Mbappe wont win balon dor. Too early of a CL exit.

Arizona Scott

Mbappe wont win balon dor. Too early of a CL exit.

What I was saying if Mbappe has the golden boot there is no way voters can again rationalize Messi doesn't need it/didn't earn it (BdO) this year because he can settle for the golden shoe. I wouldn't at all be surprised if that didn't factor in the heads of last year's voters and probably other years too--them not feeling too bad not having him 1st because they know he has other awards for the year. Not saying it is right but BdO is voted on by humans--not a formula based on individual and team performance where the winner has an objective score.

So if Messi doesn't get the GB--I think in a little way it furthers his BdO odds because this rationalization ("well he got one of the major individual awards") is gone.

Andresito

Staff member
Messi's stat padding games are so boring to watch. It's like when you played FIFA and always passed the ball to your created player.

Givenchy

disappointing. for once we actually won a match without him. it looks petty trying to stat pad vs a teenage Mbappe, we got bigger fish to fry Leo!

Home of Barca Fans