10 - Lionel Messi - V6

sickstar

Its not totally bullshit, Ronaldo has proven himself to be a better player when things aren't going his way. His mentality is better in that sense. But the first argument is bs, messi could easily play just as well in every other league.

Ronaldo never played in three important finals in a row and failed in each one of them (mainly because team mates keep missing goal oportunities). I think that took some toll to his mental condition too.

Ronaldo was out on the bench and his friends still winning it.

Judoman

Its not totally bullshit, Ronaldo has proven himself to be a better player when things aren't going his way. His mentality is better in that sense. But the first argument is bs, messi could easily play just as well in every other league.

Right. People with short and selective memory could think so. Also, people with short and selective memory would also ignore the fact that football is a team sport.

In the end it s about the better team, not about individual.

FinBarcelonafan

D0IHDVcXgAYO58-.jpg

:lol:

Sums up our team perfectly.

Total-Football

i wont give you the L i would rather give the L to people who may argue with you.

Arizona Scott

One new cl win by messi's team and the cl narrative shifts, that is a recency thing. If you want to add some other data the assists, shooting efficiency, key passes, dribbles, passing efficiency_
--all blow cr out of the water.

In terms of leagues, everyone knows la liga and epl are the hardest to succeed. But great players succeed in both. Why i was joking the other day if only aguero didnt fit the mold of a small statured, highly technical, la liga player he might have been decent in the epl. Silva , cazorla, and mata also didnt belong in the epl, yeah right, most of their best years there. Great field players like cr, suarez, aguero, silva, costa, toure, masch, great in one league, great in the other. (Great is generous for some but the principle applies)

Couple more tidbits. Which one in his prime led to exiting the WC within a group that had the usa in it?

There is also one a clear choice for an underwear modeler if he wants to find something he is better at.

Ritchie

Well, i dont think so. If he hits his best form, as he is entering right now i believe, we can do something. A lot actually if he becomes this brutal and non hesitating about pass/shooting.

He can drag us through a round or two (i.e. Chelsea last season) but one player doesn't win you a CL. As soon as he has a bad game we're out, especially with Suarez stinking the place out. If we win the CL this season it'll be far and away Messi's greatest achievement because he'll have dragged us to the trophy.

It's enough in La Liga over a full season because Madrid aren't consistent, so he can afford off days and we can still beat the dross at home if he doesn't play well.

Last edited:

Giginho75

He can drag us through a round or two (i.e. Chelsea last season) but one player doesn't win you a CL. As soon as he has a bad game we're out, especially with Suarez stinking the place out. If we win the CL this season it'll be far and away Messi's greatest achievement because he'll have dragged us to the trophy.

It's enough in La Liga over a full season because Madrid aren't consistent, so he can afford off days and we can still beat the dross at home if he doesn't play well.

In your opinion, how many teams are stronger than Barca in Europe?

Psg is the same team without Mbappe'?
RM is the same team without Modric?
Juve without CR7? Bayern without Lewa?
City without Aguero? Etc.

In CL we can win and we cannot win like the other top clubs.
I didn't understand all these criticisms and negative opinions about Barca.

We have lost also with Leo (God blesses him!) in the last three CL.

Last edited:

Vilarrubi

In your opinion, how many teams are stronger than Barca in Europe?

Psg is the same team without Mbappe'?
RM is the same team without Modric?
Juve without CR7? Bayern without Lewa?
City without Aguero? Etc.

In CL we can win and we cannot win like the other top clubs.
I didn't understand all these criticisms and negative opinions about Barca.

We have lost also with Leo (Gos blesses him!) in the last three CL.

+1

No stand out team in the CL this year. We have our problems but so does every team. It’s wide open imo.

Kul_z

+1

No stand out team in the CL this year. We have our problems but so does every team. It’s wide open imo.

Id say that man city is the standout club for cl glory, but not by a margin at all, they are pretty consistent and thats it. All other top clubs have chances, id say equally but depends on the draw. It would be exciting, thats for sure

Messi10

So If Ronaldo exits the champions league it rules him out the Ballon D'or for me

For me this year its a race between Messi and Mbappe. If PSG wins the champions league then I think he might get it

Arizona Scott

So If Ronaldo exits the champions league it rules him out the Ballon D'or for me

For me this year its a race between Messi and Mbappe. If PSG wins the champions league then I think he might get it

I think this is correct, juv out vs atleti, his bdo campaign finished this year.

Messi clear favorite. For him not to win it i think barca would have to crash/hime get injured, or mbappe or salah going on a cl tear to be the key players in their teams winning it. City i don't think has 1 individual they could credit enough, nor bayern. Maybe long odds but possible greizmann.

Overall i think it will take shocking and dominant spells from one of these individual players--if it is kind of jumbled i think they know messi deserved 1 or 2 he didnt get prior and do reparations.

Also remember there is a copa america where messi and neymar also have a shot to shine.

Havesaks

If Ronaldo goes out, neymar, mbappe and Messi are all favorites and actually only candidates this year. We also have to consider Copa America. If PSG wins ChL and Neymar wins CA, he will win it. If PSG wins CL and Neymar is the mastermind behind it, he will win Bd'or.

Havesaks

Ronaldo has scored 40+ goals in KO ChL compared to Messi 20-something. I think that shows something. Messi is the better player all things considered - but its pretty obvious that Messi crumbles somewhat under pressure. He doesn't have the same authority and self-confidence as Ronaldo and that does also reflect negatively on our other players in the big games primarily ChL.

Home of Barca Fans