10 - Lionel Messi - V6

Mitchell1978

Definetely don't rush him back if it's not safe but if it's just a matter of him playing through a bit of pain to the touch then maybe.

I hope the medical staff isn't that stupid (you need your arm to run or to give you balance or when you fall) just to play in games that aren't crucial.

eaman

My only problem with individual awards is that it's perceived they aim to determine 'the best' player while using criteria which can't back it up. If Modrić wins it, it will be due to the successful season of his teams, individual brilliance and legacy, nothing to do with him being the best.

Modric did have a good champions league and world cup campaign but ya Messi has been the most consistent all year and should win it. Messi had the misfortune of a slight injury and a terrible midfield away at Roma and modric had the fortune of terrible bayern finishing. Alot of people who vote for this don't really think things through though.

gasgas

He is very likely to have a relapse.
His play style involves being tackled a lot and subsequent falls.

if he has a fracture for sure he needs some time for the soft callus to form and change to hard callus (compact bone),

Yes he'll heal faster with early ambulation and weight bearing on the fractured limb, but it should not be rushed.
One week is not enough IMO.

gasgas

Modric did have a good champions league and world cup campaign but ya Messi has been the most consistent all year and should win it. Messi had the misfortune of a slight injury and a terrible midfield away at Roma and modric had the fortune of terrible bayern finishing. Alot of people who vote for this don't really think things through though.

how about consistency in the biggest games?

Joan

I don't. What I think is that Messi's still the best player in the world (in terms of skills). But the big question is, what are we awarding them for? It's clearly not who's the best in terms of skills. Modrić doesn't come close to Messi or Ronaldo. After all, this wasn't even his best season, possibly the third best.

eaman

how about consistency in the biggest games?

Are you saying that Messi hasn't been consistent in big games? Messi was not fully fit against Roma and the team were terrible all round. Remember his performances against Chelsea, atletico, real, sevilla and juventus to name a few. The champions league is a knockout competition where one bad game and you're out. You need luck sometimes and real had that against bayern which allowed modric to play another big game. Messi has been the best all year and he deserves the ballon dor but it won't happen with the way these voters think or don't think

gasgas

Are you saying that Messi hasn't been consistent in big games? Messi was not fully fit against Roma and the team were terrible all round. Remember his performances against Chelsea, atletico, real, sevilla and juventus to name a few. The champions league is a knockout competition where one bad game and you're out. You need luck sometimes and real had that against bayern which allowed modric to play another big game. Messi has been the best all year and he deserves the ballon dor but it won't happen with the way these voters think or don't think

Nah am not suggesting anything.
i just asked a question.

Trafalgar

human sacrifice? meh, suarez hasn't been that bad last few games. I mean who the fuck is that munir guy? he can't do anything right

messi was in such good form now I hope this doesn't throw him off his balance. injury was painful to see

He wasn't bad the last two games but he's still shit overall, and dw I don't think a mere shoulder injury will affect our lord and savior.

Andresito

Staff member
Of all his injuries, this for some reason, worries me the least.

I'm actually excited to see Dembouz and Malcom at the RW position, I hope Valverde is as well.
This injury could be a good starting point for everyone in the squad to improve at least one step.
When he returns, he should return to a better squad. Kinda like Argentina are trying to do.

Messigician

Good news brothers it is possible Messi will play against Madrid. Now I can eat food again knowing Messi will be okay.

Stoichkov (ex-Barcelona) "Barça is on the right track, playing very well and should not worry about what other teams are doing. Barça let 7 points escape them, they could have a 10 point advantage. Barça already has the league won."

"Because Messi is the best player in the world, knowing the winning character he has, his desire to play and his self-esteem, I still think that even injured, he can play, doctors can do something. I think he can play against Madrid."

CatalinR10

Good news brothers it is possible Messi will play against Madrid. Now I can eat food again knowing Messi will be okay.

Stoichkov (ex-Barcelona) "Barça is on the right track, playing very well and should not worry about what other teams are doing. Barça let 7 points escape them, they could have a 10 point advantage. Barça already has the league won."

"Because Messi is the best player in the world, knowing the winning character he has, his desire to play and his self-esteem, I still think that even injured, he can play, doctors can do something. I think he can play against Madrid."

:lol: :lol:

Home of Barca Fans