10 - Lionel Messi - V6

FinBarcelonafan

Yes the problem is that Barca wasted his prime years with average players around him.

I would say its more likely Barca has been figured out. We should start changing our approach to the game and make it faster and quicker. We are too easy to defend vs these days

I think it all starts with midfield. you can't have two slow guys in midfield, because they are a liability in defence(esp. in counter) (Busi and Raki), sure start one of them but they need someone faster and quicker around them. Together they are disaster.

Last edited:

Kul_z

I would say its more likely Barca has been figured out. We should start changing our approach to the game and make it faster and quicker. We are too easy to defend vs these days

I think it all starts with midfield. you can't have two slow guys in midfield, because they are a liability in defence(esp. in counter) (Busi and Raki), sure start one of them but they need someone faster and quicker around them. Together they are disaster.

Raki and busi are both world class midlefielders, but too similar. I think thats the main problem.

LordLichtenstein

To be honest, I kinda like what I saw against Levante. Playing 3-5-2 really surprised me. I would love to see something like this in the future.

------------------------Suárez---------Messi--------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alba---------------Vidal------Busquets------Rakitić--------Dembélé
-------------Umtiti-------------Lenglet-------------Pique-------------

FCB1987

Banned
To be honest, I kinda like what I saw against Levante. Playing 3-5-2 really surprised me. I would love to see something like this in the future.

------------------------Suárez---------Messi--------------------------
Alba---------------Vidal------Busquets------Rakitić--------Dembélé
-------------Umtiti-------------Lenglet-------------Pique-------------

I'm not a fan of the 352. We were really bad until Messi started bailing us out at the end of the first half. That system will also destroy Dembele and teams would constantly expose us defensively on the right

Gnidrologist

Only thing we need is mobile and technical midfield. Yes, one physical juggernaut in the holding area would be nice, but not obligatory. I think De Jong would be perfect for that role as he's kinda jack of all trades, complete mid, just ar Raki, only younger, faster, more technical under pressure and hungry. Despite what many say about soyboy Puig, i see him as our main creative driving force in future IF we get a coach, who can manage him well. For such a child the vision, intelligence and audacity he demonstrates is very rare. I'm not one of those, who hypes every promising la masia guy, but the feelings i get when watching him in the games against first tier teams is a bit similar to what i felt seeing 17 year old Messi in his early day cameos in CL. Not yet a finished product, but WILL be big.
With mobile, always moving into passing lanes midfield, we could again be great without needing "Rakitic type player". Man City is quite decent example, where most of the team, even defenders, are smallish, but compensate it with great mobility.
Let's hope i'm not mistaking.

Last edited:

Messigician

Anyone notice the eye wrinkles he has developed recently? Messi needs to use eye cream to avoid premature aging. The beard also isn't doing him any favours.

His GOAT appearance looks wise was definitely in the second treble winning season for sure.

Gnidrologist

Old man Messy.
Goddamn, it's so weird to have watched one player's career from infancy and now realizing he's soon to be too old for this shit.

raskolnikov

Anyone notice the eye wrinkles he has developed recently? Messi needs to use eye cream to avoid premature aging. The beard also isn't doing him any favours.

His GOAT appearance looks wise was definitely in the second treble winning season for sure.

Who looks better at 31 than 24 though? Its that way for most people. Luckily for Messi he has good hair/beard gemetics to pull of the veteran look after 30.

I wonder how many years he will stay at Barca by the way. His contract ends in 2021 I think but that seems way too soon now.

He should shave himself, he never won a Cl with a beard.

Who looks better at 31 than 24 though? Its that way for most people. Luckily for Messi he has good hair/beard gemetics to pull of the veteran look after 30.

I wonder how many years he will stay at Barca by the way. His contract ends in 2021 I think but that seems way too soon now.

Atleast until 2022 he will try it again in Katar. Normally he has always an outstanding form in this months but the problem is he is already 35 years old :(

FinBarcelonafan

Actually they say the man looks their best around 32-33 years old(Females are at their most attractive 25). Compare young Messi to current one. He looks much better now than he used to.

Messigician

Actually they say the man looks their best around 32-33 years old(Females are at their most attractive 25). Compare young Messi to current one. He looks much better now than he used to.

Yeah but imo looks better without a beard. I think it was the long hair from before that didn't suit hom.

For me this is a treble looking look. Wish he kept it.

Attachments

• images-385.jpg
    images-385.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 12

Home of Barca Fans