10 - Lionel Messi - V6

raskolnikov

Ballon D'or
They usually vote around this time. Messi destroying Real wgat was could have swung it in his favour perhaps. Its also why Ronaldo is quiet as hell right now to not put notice on his alledged crime.
I still expect Modric to win due to voting fatigue.

Messigician

They usually vote around this time. Messi destroying Real wgat was could have swung it in his favour perhaps. Its also why Ronaldo is quiet as hell right now to not put notice on his alledged crime.
I still expect Modric to win due to voting fatigue.

If we destroy Madrid without Messi and Modric has another poor game Ballon Dor can still swing in Messi's favour

raskolnikov

If we destroy Madrid without Messi and Modric has another poor game Ballon Dor can still swing in Messi's favour
People will always resort to, what did Messi do in cl/wc? Liga/copa dont count. The answer will be fail again in ko stages/crash out vs Roma & failing in wc again/could not carry his country again.

We know about the nearly undefeated campaign, the extreme messidependencia, ecuador away, golden boot, group cl/chelsea match and him actually being the best footballer in the world again like in recent years but its not how those that vote will take it.

Even if you ask them directly and they admit Messi is goat they wont vote like it.
Ronaldo had a great chance if it wasnt for his crime popping up. Just because Real won cl and he scored a cool bicycle kick after 200 attemps.

There is not a clear winner so Modric is a good hipster choice.
There is also new pele mbappe for the french magazine as a possubility to push a passing of the torch/ post messi/cr7 era narrative.
I honestly expect Messi to be fourth which would be a disgrace.

Bulgroz

I don't even expect Messi to be 4th. He'll be behind at least two frenchies (Varane and Griezmann), Modric, CR, and possibly Mbappe. So 5th or 6th. I'm not arguing if it's fair or not, just stating the obvious, considering the way the votes usually go. And to anyone trying to argue that Iniesta and Sneijder didn't win when they won important titles, or that "you never know how african countries are gonna vote": go read the wikipedia page about how the BO was/is elected (and the difference between Le Ballon d'Or France Football and le Ballon d'Or FIFA). Or find one of my old post about it. Unless something truly spectacular happens (unlikely, since the vote end on the 9th of november), the winner and the top 3 are already pretty much set in stone, and they'll only be amongst winners of major tournaments.

Messigician

I don't even expect Messi to be 4th. He'll be behind at least two frenchies (Varane and Griezmann), Modric, CR, and possibly Mbappe. So 5th or 6th. I'm not arguing if it's fair or not, just stating the obvious, considering the way the votes usually go. And to anyone trying to argue that Iniesta and Sneijder didn't win when they won important titles, or that "you never know how african countries are gonna vote": go read the wikipedia page about how the BO was/is elected (and the difference between Le Ballon d'Or France Football and le Ballon d'Or FIFA). Or find one of my old post about it. Unless something truly spectacular happens (unlikely, since the vote end on the 9th of november), the winner and the top 3 are already pretty much set in stone, and they'll only be amongst winners of major tournaments.

Cheap weed effect...

Bulgroz

If you think Messi will make it to the top 3, you're delusional. Or twelve year old. Wait, are you the guy who said Malcom was supposed to play RB after two months here? If so, Never mind, you're both.

Joan

My only problem with individual awards is that it's perceived they aim to determine 'the best' player while using criteria which can't back it up. If Modrić wins it, it will be due to the successful season of his teams, individual brilliance and legacy, nothing to do with him being the best.

Mitchell1978

There is a big game at the San Siro in between those two. Would be great if he could get a few minutes against rayo and play that game.

3 weeks was said so at the earliest the game against Betis, no point in rushing him back at this point in the season even for the game against Inter away.

eaman

3 weeks was said so at the earliest the game against Betis, no point in rushing him back at this point in the season even for the game against Inter away.

Definetely don't rush him back if it's not safe but if it's just a matter of him playing through a bit of pain to the touch then maybe.

Home of Barca Fans