10 - Lionel Messi - V6

BarçaBarça

Messi with guys like Kroos, Modric, Benzema, Carvajal, Marcelo, he would beat the 91 goals calendar year record easily. he wouldn't care of anything, stay upfront and shoot for fun.

Let's not forget that the mentioned players also horribly underperforms quite consistently. Real is not all milk and honey compared to Barca teamperformance-wise...

Alik

we have seen messi perform like this every year. But whats matters is UCL, when it really matters he need to perform like this. last time was in 2015 vs Bayern in UCL.

That's all that matters for you maybe.

I'll be happy with every liga trophy we win thanks to him.

KingLeo10

lyon fans with the "what matters is UCL" nonsense lmao.

UCL > liga, but liga is also important. Real and Atletico play in it.

xXKonan

D0HqBlFU0AACdPk.jpg

Giginho75

Messi with guys like Kroos, Modric, Benzema, Carvajal, Marcelo, he would beat the 91 goals calendar year record easily. he wouldn't care of anything, stay upfront and shoot for fun.

Instead Leo plays with Busquets, Rakitic, Suarez, Alba etc. while the Blancos don't win not even against Girona at Bernabeu and in this season they never been in the race for LaLiga.

Asylum15

Guys,

after today's performance I was so overwhelmed with Leo's own level that I laughed at friends of mine who still think CR7 is better.

Of course, this didn't go so well and I was subjected to a bunch of abuse. Furthermore, I saw a Facebook post by some large page today (Sportbible for instance) about the Messi/Ronaldo stat comparison this year and reading the comments underneath literally made me explode.

Instead of lose myself completely, I thought I'd try get some discussion in here from other users of the forum (open to non Barca fans as-well).

Below I will pose a couple of common arguments and you tell me your argument against/for. I'm just deadly curious how more intelligent beings see it. (Yes, most of those who follow Sportbible are PL loving idiots).

Argument 1 - Messi has never left La Liga and gotten a new challenge. CR7 has done it in more leagues and is ultimately better (for this reason).

Argument 2 - Ronaldo has done it in the CL more than Messi, especially in the latter stages of the competition.

Would love to hear what you guys have to say.

Aim here isn't to start a heated argument with insults, just open my own mind for a bit.

Last edited:

raskolnikov

Guys,

after today's performance I was so overwhelmed with Leo's own level that I laughed at friends of mine who still think CR7 is better.

Of course, this didn't go so well and I was subjected to a bunch of abuse. Furthermore, I saw a Facebook post by some large page today (Sportbible for instance) about the Messi/Ronaldo stat comparison this year and reading the comments underneath literally made me explode.

Instead of lose myself completely, I thought I'd try get some discussion in here from other users of the forum (open to non Barca fans as-well).

Below I will pose a couple of common arguments and you tell me your argument against/for. I'm just deadly curious how more intelligent beings see it. (Yes, most of those who follow Sportbible are PL loving idiots).

Argument 1 - Messi has never left La Liga and gotten a new challenge. CR7 has done it in more leagues and is ultimately better (for this reason).

Argument 2 - Ronaldo has done it in the CL more than Messi, especially in the latter stages of the competition.

Aim here isn't to start a heated argument with insults, just open my own mind for a bit.
No insults but everyone with a pair of eyes knows Messi is the superior player. Its always been a media infused marketing hype job.
Only thing Ronaldo does that is on Messi’s level is goalscoring but that puts him in the best goalscorers ever bracker rather than goat debate which people put him in by riding messi’s coattails due to marketing comparison.
Nobody is on Messi’s level when we look at who really is the best footballer.

Such an important win today, all thanks to messi who stepped up greatly. Happened many times and will help greatly in this years campaign to win la liga again.

XaviV

Guys,

These are BS arguments. Teams win trophies, not players. You can't win any trophy by yourself. And if CR7 wants to prove himself, I invite him to play for Spartak Varna ( we won 3-0 today!!!), not for Man Utd, RM or Juventus.

Havesaks

Its not totally bullshit, Ronaldo has proven himself to be a better player when things aren't going his way. His mentality is better in that sense. But the first argument is bs, messi could easily play just as well in every other league.

Horatio

You're welcome
Its not totally bullshit, Ronaldo has proven himself to be a better player when things aren't going his way. His mentality is better in that sense. But the first argument is bs, messi could easily play just as well in every other league.

Havent looked into it but if one would I am pretty confident that the number of important games where both players played shit is pretty close. It’s just that Ronaldo has been bailed out by his fellow teammates fare more often than Messi. And in turn nobody will remember Ronaldo played bad, just that Madrid or Portugal gained a victory.

Man, just think about Real’s team for the previous seasons. Everybody there were capable of scoring goals: forwards, midfielders, defenders and wingbacks.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans