10 - Lionel Messi - V6

Havesaks

Some of his walking could be explained by him not getting played at all because of a shitty midfield. But whats different this season is, that he puts an extra effort in off ball movement as well takes more high speed runs in the big games. And in generalt plays with ekstra motviation.

His walking in WC was due to a shitty setup and him not finding any room on the pitch unless he was was playing DM:

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Unless our defense and midfield suddenly becomes world-class again overnight, he could’ve saved himself the trip. We ain’t getting far with the way we are conceding both goals and chances against even the weakest of teams in the league. I’ve been prepared year after year now for disappointment in the CL, and disappointment is just what this team has given me. From what I’ve seen so far, this year won’t be any different.

Last edited:

FCB1987

Banned
Unless our defense and midfield suddenly becomes world-class again overnight, he could’ve saved himself the trip. We ain’t getting far with the way we are conceding both goals and chances against even the weakest of teams in the league.

we probably have the best chance of any team besides City, and they haven't been that convincing this season either

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
we probably have the best chance of any team besides City, and they haven't been that convincing this season either

So Juve aren’t among the favorites then? I guess if they win, it will only be because Ronaldo dragged them on his back single-handedly according to the likes of you. Liverpool, PSG, Atletico, City, Juve and maybe even Bayern have all as good of a chance as us.

FCB1987

Banned
So Juve aren’t among the favorites then? I guess if they win, it will only be because Ronaldo dragged them on his back single-handedly according to the likes of you. Liverpool, PSG, Atletico, City, Juve and maybe even Bayern have all as good of a chance as us.

•Liverpool have a tougher draw than us and will be prioritizing the league
•Bayern aren't as good as us and are around 50/50 to go out in the RO16
•Atleti are worse than us and have tougher draw
•Juve have a tougher draw and their midfield is dreadful for a supposed CL contender. Their attack isn't great either besides Ronaldo
•PSG are fairly equal to us but their midfield isn't convincing and United will be tough

The bookies also have as us clear second favorite after City

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
•Liverpool have a tougher draw than us and will be prioritizing the league
•Bayern aren't as good as us and are around 50/50 to go out in the RO16
•Atleti are worse than us and have tougher draw
•Juve have a tougher draw and their midfield is dreadful for a supposed CL contender. Their attack isn't great either besides Ronaldo
•PSG are fairly equal to us but their midfield isn't convincing and United will be tough

The bookies also have as us clear second favorite after City

You are giving me a list of those teams weaknesses, but you seem to forget that we have plenty of our own. Plenty and then some more. We might win as you never know in this unpredictable sport, but I wouldn’t bet any money on it. Who the bookies have as their favorite doesn’t interest me in the slightest. We all knew Argentina had no business in the WC, but they were still among the favorites, or am I wrong?

Gnidrologist

The idea that Messi is "resting for important shit" doesn't hold any empirical water. He has been and empty shell in a lot of early exit CL and national team matches in recent history. Not at all like a player who has a lot of energy due to saving it previously. This meme should stop. He walks around because he has shit stamina. Maybe he will prolong his career due to not running like crazy every match, but certainly not accumulate energy for clutch time in any given season. It doesn't work that way.

FCB1987

Banned
The idea that Messi is "resting for important shit" doesn't hold any empirical water. He has been and empty shell in a lot of early exit CL and national team matches in recent history. Not at all like a player who has a lot of energy due to saving it previously. This meme should stop. He walks around because he has shit stamina. Maybe he will prolong his career due to not running like crazy every match, but certainly not accumulate energy for clutch time in any given season. It doesn't work that way.

That's true in past seasons but he seems a bit different this year. Against Tottenham in particular, he was running and pressing more than I've ever seen.

FCB1987

Banned

I was mocked for suggesting it, but I think Leo has gone through a bit of a midlife crisis since the World Cup

•Changing up his look
•Posting a lot more on social media
•Doing a lot more interviews
•Skipping the award ceremonies that he didn't win
•Taking over the captain's armband
•Saying that CL is the priority over the league
•Giving more effort in CL matches

I think he's more focused this year on what really matters, and he'll do everything in 2019 to win a CL, Copa, and 6th Ballon d'Or

CatalinR10

I was mocked for suggesting it, but I think Leo has gone through a bit of a midlife crisis since the World Cup

•Changing up his look

I think he's more focused this year on what really matters, and he'll do everything in 2019 to win a CL, Copa, and 6th Ballon d'Or

nah , he's not going through one right now but he did when he lost the copa america . Going blonde , etc .

Vilarrubi

•Changing up his look

Let's hope.

Home of Barca Fans