10 - Lionel Messi - V6

snowy

hehe well done Moe ;)

Half the ultras are furious at him for his speech. Mb might need some extra security out there. If he manages to score a few, dude's defo got dragon ballz Z of steel

serghei

Johan Cruyff [In an interview with Lawrence Donegan of The Guardian (1 October 2005)]
"Every trainer talks about movement, about running a lot. I say don't run so much. Football is a game you play with your brain. You have to be in the right place at the right moment, not too early, not too late."

You don't have to run, but you do have to make lateral movements in order to receive a pass, especially when the trajectory of the pass is blocked by an opponent. Valverde's Barcelona is very immobile in these instances, which is a critical sin in possession, and the no1 reason why Valverde's tactic doesn't produce enough chances to score form buildup. Not enough fluidity and not enough movement to destabilize opponents. Of course, users who know very little about all of this pin the lack of chances to poor Arthur, naming him a back-passer and shit like that.

Playing to the free man automatically is often stupid, especially when you meet good teams, because the top team will never let free men in positions that can hurt them a lot.

Last edited:

snowy

You don't have to run, but you do have to make lateral movements in order to receive a pass, especially when the trajectory of the pass is blocked by an opponent. Valverde's Barcelona is very immobile in these instances, which is a critical sin in possession, and the no1 reason why Valverde's tactic doesn't produce enough chances to score. Not enough fluidity and not enough movement to destabilize opponents. Of course, users who know very little about all of this pin the lack of chances to poor Arthur, naming him a back-passer and shit like that.

Playing to the free man automatically is often stupid, especially when you meet good teams, because the top team will never let free men in positions that can hurt them a lot.

Big fan of N'golo Kanté. He does that so well! Under Sarri who likes to play a high block, he's been playing further up the pitch successfully. Beautiful football!

serghei

These debates are much needed on this forum. Maybe if we did more game/possession build-up analysis on Barcaforum, there would be people who would understand the game better, and we wouldn't have such embarrassing discussions. At least the basics would be better understood.

They lost conceded 6 to city lmao

Case in point.

Messigician

Live thread: The press conferences of Messi, Piqué and Valverde ahead of tomorrow's Copa del Rey final against Valencia.

Lionel Messi: "We are very calm. It is an important game. The game has a lot of importance because we have the possibility of winning another Copa del Rey."

Messi: "We received a very hard blow in Liverpool, it was difficult to get up and we felt still hurt in the following games, it was a hard blow, really."

Messi: "I did not see much nor listen to the criticism of Valverde, the coach... I sincerely believe that he has done an impressive job during his time here so far and he was not responsible for the elimination in Liverpool, it was our fault, we played a shocking game."

Messi: "I would like Valverde to continue next year, we won a double last year and we can repeat that this year."

Messi: "I do not think about the Golden Boot. I am still recovering from what happened in Liverpool and I do not think about personal titles, I just want to finish the year with another title."

Messi: "I have not reviewed Liverpool's game, but what I remember is that it was very similar to the Roma game, they quickly scored a goal, we lowered our heads thinking that it could happen again. We did not give Liverpool opposition and we can not afford that."

Messi: "A double is very important for the club, for us... But the year is tarnished by Liverpool."

Valverde's press conference to commence shortly

serghei

Confirmed he was just as culpible as the rest of the players with these comments. Joke club.

What do you expect? He's part of the old guard who live very comfortable times with this manager in charge. I doubt they want someone who would stir shit and put some of them in their place.

He even says it's their fault, because they played a shit game. Basically Valverde's contribution is minimal. You could have Jordi Roura instead of Valverde and the ties with Roma and Liverpool wouldn't look much different.

Home of Barca Fans