10 - Lionel Messi - V6

Centauri B

Should never have chosen them in the first place. Just imaigne his confidence (and throphy, legend etc) if he had chosen Spain. Barca would have benefitted a lot from that.

This is all of course in hindsight, but yes, I fully agree.

The point here however, is that Argentina NT has been nothing but ballast for Messi. Has been since Day 1.

Havesaks

Argentinians would always label him a traitor and fuelingbthe not getting out of his comfort zone argument while always saying Messi would/should have won them a wc rather than spain.
Argentinians are like madridista’s in a way. Entitled cynical people who expected a lot and are not very grateful.
It would have been better if he chose spain for Barcelona but it was the right decision to pick Argentina imo.

Just look at Messi, despite the pecho frio appearence and stoic behaviour he behaves Argentine, lives like that, eats like that, marries an Argentinian girl, doesnt speak catalan, speaks with an Argentinian accent and probably watches shows and listens to music from there. He is about as Argentinian as they come from an outside perspective.

Its sucks he’a been unlucky with the finals but thats in hindsight.

Yes, let met change it to "it would have been better if Messi had taken spanish culture to him and felt spanish and not argentinien." like i did when I moved. If he felt argentnien - and he obviously did - it was the right choice, but the treatment he got is just tragic. Making me sometimes wish he would have chosen Spain. Then again, when i was travelling in asia couple of years ago (after WC 2014), I talked with some argentinians in midtwenties; i asked about the messi vs maradona opinion in argentina, and he told me the young people thought Messi was the better player, and older people Maradona. I never got around to ask about if the appreciated him, but I do think they recognize his level - at least the younger people. Maybe we fans from outside country also take the media talk to serious? In europe the media can go crazy about stuff, and the general opinion be a different one. If you know what I mean. If there are some Argentiniens on this forum - maybe they can provide a better picture of the situation.

Pedro

La Masia
[youtube]SawkTA4HlVw[/youtube]

Maybe Leo and Argentina can play some Laser Tag like Spain for Team Bonding?

RIZALDINHO

he should not played against Venezuela, know he has got a groin problem hope its not to serious and he recovers in time to face united. our best players should should not play in pointless friendly matches. why risk them getting injured for no reason we should tell them not to play in theses matches even if they want to play, a serioues injury to our best players players can ruin our chances of winning the cl

Mitchell1978

he should not played against Venezuela, know he has got a groin problem hope its not to serious and he recovers in time to face united.

From what i gather this groin problem is something that has been lingering for quite some time so its nothing new (i remember him stretching his groin early in the second half in the last Clasico). The game against Venezuela probably did nothing to change that (nor better that). Them coming out with it right now probaly has to do with the contract the Arg NT signed to play Morocco.

As for Messi choosing Argentina not Spain, that ship has sailed a long time ago so pointless to bitch about it.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
It's pretty clear now that his poor dribbling and form throughout February and early March was all about that groin injury. Injuries in the groin/hip areas are no joke because it basically gets aggravated by any movement of the leg at all, or any use of the lower body in general. It's very hard to immobilize that compared to a knee or even moreso an ankle.

The fact that he's even managed to power through and give some crazy good performances recently despite that shows just how on top of his game he is mentally speaking. Looking at that and how crazy impressive he was between September-January, I'm convinced Messi is as good as he ever was right now ability wise. Doing some of his craziest shit this season.

Of course, he should rest for at least a few weeks and get some treatment for the injury so that it stops nagging at him once the QF's roll around.

Home of Barca Fans