The Best FIFA Football Awards 2018

Morten

Bale didnt win the puskas at any of the two award ceremonies? What a joke.
And what exactly did Alves do to be in the world XI, exist?

How Messi voted: 1. Modrić How Ronaldo voted: 1. Varane :lol:

Nothing wrong with that, Varane is having a great year.
What is this award anyways? This is not the "UEFA best whatever" or the ballon dor, is this something brand new?
There are enough awards already, imo.

BruceWayne11

Messi finished fifth in the race, even behind Mbappè. Modric won with pretty good margin.

Shows how much of a joke these awards really are/were. I always thought people could actually SEE that Messi was the greatest when he won all those Ballon d'Ors (and FIFA POTY). It's now more clear that they actually just look at CL knockouts and WC/Euro.

Joan

Nothing wrong with that, Varane is having a great year.
What is this award anyways? This is not the "UEFA best whatever" or the ballon dor, is this something brand new?
There are enough awards already, imo.

I still doubt that's why he voted Varane.

FIFA the Best what used to be FIFA world player of the year prior to 2010 when it was merged with Ballon d'or (creatively enough, called FIFA Ballon d'Or). Expired last year (I think).

Shows how much of a joke these awards really are/were. I always thought people could actually SEE that Messi was the greatest when he won all those Ballon d'Ors (and FIFA POTY). It's now more clear that they actually just look at CL knockouts and WC/Euro.

These awards can't tell you who's the greatest. Despite the name. One they used in the past (FIFA world player of the year) seems more apt.

Givenchy

Modric will win the Ballon d'or, Perez PR machine will see to that. Messi won't even end up in the top 3 which is ridiculous but hey the Modric-lovefest will keep it 5-5 atleast

Morten

WC/Euro always take the center stage during these awards, dont they? Its not something recent.
Sad, but it is what it is.

Last edited:

George_Costanza

Captains Vote for the award:

Messi: Modric - Mbappé - Ronaldo
Ronaldo: Varane - Modric - Griezmann
Modric: Varane - Ronaldo - Griezmann
Hazard: Modric - Varane - Mbappé
Miranda: Ronaldo - Mbappé - Messi
Kane: Ronaldo - Messi - De Bruyne
Lloris: Varane - Griezmann - Mbappé
Neuer: Hazard - Modric - Varane
Chiellini: Ronaldo - Modric - Salah
Ramos: Modric - Ronaldo - Messi

BruceWayne11

what a joke that Mbappe was voted more times than Messi was.

Maybe a criteria should be to watch highlights of the 10 best games of the top 10 players, and then decide who to vote for. Just watching those other players alongside Messi should be enough to convince them :lol:

gasgas

You want them to look at league matches vs minnows where players like Aspas, Stuani can score hattricks?

No man, the big games, the tough games where the best come against each other

gasgas

Maybe a criteria should be to watch highlights of the 10 best games of the top 10 players, and then decide who to vote for. Just watching those other players alongside Messi should be enough to convince them :lol:

what if a players 10 best games are all against fodder teams?

how is that an indicator when a player is butchering minnows and is nowhere to be seen against the big boys?

Home of Barca Fans