10 - Lionel Messi - V6

Altomonte

when will Messi fans realize that he will never play a top match after a big performance 3 days ago. Valverde was right to keep him on the bench today.
Messi is the GOAT but not best at recovering with only 2 days of rest. We would all want him to score more CL goals but the win against Espanyol was more important.
I just hope Valverde will rest Messi before important knockout stage matches!

Last edited:
Its normal that he didnt put much effort. Barca has already qualify and he knows that. The sub was only for the people who travelled to Camp Nou to see the GOAT touching the ball.

feggydinho

Messi was just walking around, Barca needs to buy a proper striker. lacazette would do a good job, even Arturo Vidal would put pressure on the defenders. Messi just walks around.

FCB1987

Banned
If he hadn't just put in that performance against Espanyol, I'd be probably be a bit worried by his display today. But the espanyol match makes me sure he can still turn it on when he wants or needs to

Potroh

If he hadn't just put in that performance against Espanyol, I'd be probably be a bit worried by his display today.

Well, it's not his fault. He was what he is and don't forget that he came in the 62nd minutes and touched the ball in the 72nd minute for the first time!
10 minutes without a first touch... and still not his fault...

Because the team lost the possession percentage in the second half, the midfielders were defending mostly.
Even a Messi is unable to do much if he is not getting ANY balls.

oggmar

Well, it's not his fault. He was what he is and don't forget that he came in the 62nd minutes and touched the ball in the 72nd minute for the first time!
10 minutes without a first touch... and still not his fault...

Because the team lost the possession percentage in the second half, the midfielders were defending mostly.
Even a Messi is unable to do much if he is not getting ANY balls.

I just laugh at people nowadays that don't understand you need the ball at your feet to actually do shit, tottenham even had possession advantage yesterday if I'm not mistaken

Home of Barca Fans