10 - Lionel Messi - V6

eaman

Great performance. Another week where a striker scores a brilliant goal but Messi's assist for it is better. Some lovely finishes as well

LordLichtenstein

I'm pleased to announce that he is currently playing his greatest season with us, from a statistical perspective.

0019 - Games
0020 - Goals
0012 - Assists
1529 - Minutes

He is involved in 1.60 goals/assists per game.
He is involved in 1.88 goals/assists per 90 minute.
He is involved in a goal/assist every 48 minute.

No other season comes close to these numbers.

soul24rage

I'm pleased to announce that he is currently playing his greatest season with us, from a statistical perspective.

0019 - Games
0020 - Goals
0012 - Assists
1529 - Minutes

Do you have the numbers that he had in 11/12 at this stage of the season? Love to see how it compares with this season.

Mitchell1978

0019 - Games
0020 - Goals
0012 - Assists
1529 - Minutes

added rest for shure plays a factor in this

in 2018: 53 games, 50 goals and 26 assists

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Speaking of stats, everyone here should give this a read: https://barcanumbers.wordpress.com/...orary-football/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

This guy did a comprehensive statistical study into the finishing efficiency of hundreds of top players. Since football stats often suffer from a lot of variance, statistical noise, and sample size problems, football players also look worse as a result. In a way that suggests the "numbers" don't reflect the "real story" (which is very true).

Many of the top current strikers aren't even in the top 10 of this guy's finishing efficiency rating list. The likes of Kane/Costa/Griezmann/Villa/Suarez/Lewa/etc. aren't even in the top 20. Ronaldo isn't even in the top 100 efficiency wise (!!!!).

Yet Messi is #1. By far. He somehow manages to beat not only all players but also all of the side consequences of statistical inaccuracy. That's fucking ridiculous. One of the craziest Messi stats ever.

Havesaks

You don't need data to see who is a good finisher, and who isn't. Messi is clearly the best i have seen, he shoots in such a clinical way, its almost unbelievable, same with cavani and higuain. Its almost pure perfection when they shoot.

Saladin

You don't need data to see who is a good finisher, and who isn't. Messi is clearly the best i have seen, he shoots in such a clinical way, its almost unbelievable, same with cavani and higuain. Its almost pure perfection when they shoot.

TF did I just read....

raskolnikov

I always liked the “ stats are like mini skirts, reveal a lot but hide the most important parts”.
If we go by stats Iniesta would rate way below several players. We know its false, same with Messi. But its a nice read

Home of Barca Fans