10 - Lionel Messi - V6

CatalinR10

Tomorrow could be dangerous for Leo's golden boot hopes. Juve are playing the 19th placed team at home and Allegri said Ronaldo won't rest

CR getting close on Messi should be unnacceptable.

If CR scores , Messi should play all minutes and score as many as he can.

Whatever it takes !

Leo_Messi

Change argument...
Will Leo take part in Copa America?
Did he decide?

Pretty much. He had a few meetings with Scaloni and it is more or less certain that he will participate provided that he won't get injured. He is expected to return for Argentina for the next international break in late March.

Kul_z

No, I don't believe these players alone are good enough to win La Liga. Maybe if Coutinho would be in a better form (but then he would be a starter) and if we'd have better backup striker from the start of the season.

It's hard to make cardinal mistakes when he's not even trying. That's my biggest grudge against Messi in those games we're talking about (ok, we can take out Bayern because he was injured and we were steamrolled so even the best Messi ever probably wouldn't save us). As said before if he'll show more energy/commitment and we'll still fail then I will also say teammates/EV have let him down but when he's not showing up he should also take his fair share of blame/responsibility for that.

I dont know which media are you reading, but everytime we go out biggest laughing stock is messi, always him.

sickstar

Im imagining that messi's late movement when hes without the ball is some kind of strategy the team has.

With the caliber player that he is, its no wonder that some club prefer man marking him. But when you mark a player that stay still or move slowly, you become doubtful. When the marker leaves him, thats when he find position. Proof: he still scored load of goals (which of course, some of them are also part of his mind work). One cant score so many goals when he isnt in the right place to receive passes from team mates.

Also this way, he conserve energy to burst it out during certain moment.

If this was the truth, then its not that hes lazy but its part of strategy. Just my two cents.

Ripsta

Only 30 mins gone but he's been utter fucking shit. Lost the ball everytime he's had it with the exception of one good run which Dembele should have done better with.

He's not looked right ever since Valverde started resting him, even more so after the little tweak he got against Valencia.

.... Que a Messi hat-trick

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Something is up. Has to still be struggling with something. A lot of bad plays from him that you barely see once a game when he is fit.

Home of Barca Fans