10 - Lionel Messi - V6

soul24rage

[tw]1044337094129332224[/tw]

Argentina's NT coach Scaloni confirmed that Messi is not going to be called up in October. I think that's good news for all sides.

raskolnikov

Last time he came back to quick. They dont love hik in Argentina. Allthough more than they used to but definitly not enough. Let them suffer a year. The whole problem at Argentina and even at Barca is that Messi should be the thing that makes a great team worldclass, finishing touch rather carrying the whole team.

This whole the best thing and Messi finishing 5th is an insult. He is compared to his 2012 self and judged on a few matches.
The way he carried us in an almost unbeaten la liga seaon was similair to henry with his invincibles or got us trough the groupstage or past Chelsea but people only remember the Roma match and consider his season a failure because of it. With Argebtina how he got them to the world cup away at Ecuador is ignored. It was more impressive and clutch than Ronaldo vs Sweden yet ignored while that is still being brought up.
People only remember them crashing out vs a stacked France and somehow mbappe is ranked higher now.

This underrating of Messi is insulting and shows how football nowadays is ruled by pr and clickbait media. Thats why it pisses me off that year after year he needs to carry barca and people find it normal not understanding how we would be like Spurs level without him.

FinBarcelonafan

Last time he came back to quick. They dont love hik in Argentina. Allthough more than they used to but definitly not enough. Let them suffer a year. The whole problem at Argentina and even at Barca is that Messi should be the thing that makes a great team worldclass, finishing touch rather carrying the whole team.

This whole the best thing and Messi finishing 5th is an insult. He is compared to his 2012 self and judged on a few matches.
The way he carried us in an almost unbeaten la liga seaon was similair to henry with his invincibles or got us trough the groupstage or past Chelsea but people only remember the Roma match and consider his season a failure because of it. With Argebtina how he got them to the world cup away at Ecuador is ignored. It was more impressive and clutch than Ronaldo vs Sweden yet ignored while that is still being brought up.
People only remember them crashing out vs a stacked France and somehow mbappe is ranked higher now.

This underrating of Messi is insulting and shows how football nowadays is ruled by pr and clickbait media. Thats why it pisses me off that year after year he needs to carry barca and people find it normal not understanding how we would be like Spurs level without him.

Thank you. Very well written, exactly my thoughts!

Kul_z

Messi voted for modric first, mbappe 2 and cr7 3.
Cr voted Varane 1. Modric 2 and griezmann 3.
Its time for messi pr to use that

Barcilliant

This!

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Why didn't he go to the ceremony?

Should have gone - Now there's no difference between him and the sour loser (unless he had some genuine reason not to attend)!

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
2008-2009, No beard, Treble
2014-2015, No beard, Treble
2018-2019, No beard,..........

giphy.gif

Good. Knew we had to keep his old smiley. :messi: :cool:

SG-7

You hit the nail on the head with this one mate!

Hate it how people pick and choose matches he has mediocre performances in then blow it out of proportion, when the times he helps us out far far outweighs it all and they undermine this fact. It just so happens that the match he has shit performance in is what everyone remembers because its the one that gets us knocked out. A good way to gauge how consistent he is for us is...just imagine barca last season without him and how well we would actually do. (Wasn't the one game he didnt play for us the game we lost the unbeaten streak to?) haha

Devils

He voted for Modric, Mbappe and Cristiano.

:wow:

Man voted for the present, future and past Real Madrid players. Incredible!

Morten

Since this is a WC year, Messi was never going to win it, but 5th place is insulting tbh, he should have been at least top 3 to give the award some credibility.
Then again, Alves is in the World XI, so i dont think anything could have made this look like a serious award ceremony after that.

Last edited:

FCBfan22

Should've been

1. Modrić
2. Varane
3. Messi
4. Cristiano
5. Mbappe
6. Griezmann

But again, WC is the one to rule them all. That said, I think Varane should be higher, but defenders aren't popular in these polls, despite him and Umtiti being crucial figures for France to win.

gasgas

For me

1. Modric
2. Varane
3. Salah
4. Cristiano
5. Mbappe
6. Messi
7. Hazard
8. De Bruyne
9. Kante
10. Griezman

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
For me

1. Modric
2. Varane
3. Salah
4. Cristiano
5. Mbappe
6. Messi
7. Hazard
8. De Bruyne
9. Kante
10. Griezman

Don't want to be rude, but how dense do you have to be not to have Messi in your top 3 or at least top 4.

6th place? Really?

Do you even watch football nowadays? Varane in 2nd place :lol: :lol: :lol:

Home of Barca Fans