10 - Lionel Messi - V6

Pedro

La Masia
Looking at the Ballon D'or odds, Messi won't even make the podium this year, which will be the first time since 2006...Messi in 5th place...sad times...

Cristiano Ronaldo
2/7

Luka Modric
11/2

Antoine Griezmann
10/1

Kylian Mbappe
10/1

Lionel Messi
12/1

Last edited:

gasgas

Looking at the Ballon D'or odds, Messi won't even make the podium this year, which will be the first time since 2006...Messi in 5th place...sad times...

Cristiano Ronaldo
2/7

Luka Modric
11/2

Antoine Griezmann
10/1

Kylian Mbappe
10/1

Lionel Messi
12/1

may be this will make him start making off the ball movements on pitch

FCB1987

Banned
I forget where I saw the comment but I remember reading something interesting about how Messi's game is becoming more suited for beating the lesser teams than dominating big matches. In the big matches, it's impossible for a team (other than Pep's barca) to completely dominate the midfield enough to supply the forwards with constant perfect service into feet with space. As a result, pace and off the ball movement (two things Messi is starting to lose) become a lot more important.

Against 80% of teams in La Liga, this doesn't really matter though because our midfield is dominant and we have so much possession around the box that Messi will still get enough space and enough of the ball to do his stuff. But in the big matches, I don't think Messi playing this static #10 type role in a 442 works very well. We should either play 433 with him upfront through the middle or as that right inside forward type player where he did so well in 2015.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Messi is 31 and Copa is as irrelevant as it gets. He should not play any games in that competition at least until the semis unless we get RM or Atletico before that. All the other La Liga teams Barca should be able to beat without him.

ebc_99

Cristiano Ronaldo
2/7

Luka Modric
11/2

Antoine Griezmann
10/1

Kylian Mbappe
10/1

Lionel Messi
12/1

Shows what a joke the Balon D'Or has become, none of those players above him had a seasonclose to Messi's. leo should have 10 by now.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Shows what a joke the Balon D'Or has become, none of those players above him had a seasonclose to Messi's. leo should have 10 by now.

Life ain't fair. What else is new?

Should be at calm with oneself and just appreciate what you we are witnessing and stop obsessing with propaganda and ignorance that is largely fueled by semi-retaded people from States, Africa and Asia who don't know shit about football

FCB1987

Banned
If the Ballon d'or was given to the best player regardless of trophies, I would say

2007: Ronaldo
2008: Ronaldo
2009-2012: Messi
2013: Ronaldo
2014: Ronaldo
2015-2017: Messi
2018: Messi/Ronaldo/Salah depending on who starts best next season

1. Ballon D'or is calendar year, not season

2. The award has never simply gone to the "best" player as seen by Ronaldo in 2002 or Cannavaro in 2006. Trophies and big game performances are massive factors.

Ursegor

World Champion
I'm not butthurt like most regarding Ronaldo ("Marcelo/Isco/Ramos/random Madrid player other than Ronaldo should win the Ballon d'Or") but he really sucked in La Liga, in the Copa, crashed out in the WC in the group stages and was invisible in both CL semis as well as the final. He's getting a Ballon d'Or for a single goal in Turin.

Joan

I'm not butthurt like most regarding Ronaldo ("Marcelo/Isco/Ramos/random Madrid player other than Ronaldo should win the Ballon d'Or") but he really sucked in La Liga, in the Copa, crashed out in the WC in the group stages and was invisible in both CL semis as well as the final. He's getting a Ballon d'Or for a single goal in Turin.
Crashed out of the WC right after group stages vs. Uruguay. The point stands, though. Feel this might be his least deserved Ballon d'Or. Looking at odds... it's interesting the WC didn't influence his position at all.

God Serena

Ronaldo is a pure hype machine at this point. If Messi doesn't have a standout year that makes him the clear winner, CR7 is the winner by default. Maybe him going to Juve will help cool that down, though.

KingLeo10

yup. bale scored an equally impressive overhead kick in the CL final and added another long range goal in the same game. but not a single word about that. His 16/17 ballon d'or was more than deserved but the other one for 15/16 was also farcical. dude didn't even score in the CL final v atletico or play in the euro final.

They really should look beyond messi and CR7 for these awards now and base it on season performances. Messi is clearly below his peak level since 14/15 and CR7 only shows for a handful of games each year. :lol:

Home of Barca Fans