10 - Lionel Messi - V6

Messi983

I am absolutely confident that having Messi play 30 minutes has no negative effect on his condition whatsoever. You can’t tell me a top athlete that doses his energy on the pitch(the so called walking where he picks his moments) will fatigue his body by playing 30 minutes. 30 minutes is nothing. For all we know he might compensate it by hitting less time in thr gym. Think it will be more beneficial in the way that he maintains rhythm. I have seen what lack of rhythm can do to Messi.

Only risk is crazy tackle by opponent that could injury him.

Agreed.

As I've said before people here are to obsessed with the whole resting/rotations before every CL game. I'm ok with more rotations between both Liverpool games because we're playing three games in 6 days but against Levante with 4 days of preparations I would go with a pretty strong lineup. First, we still need a win to guarantee the title and second, resting 3-4 players is much better than having the whole projected starting XI a full week or 10 days without a serious game. Players are used to play every 3-4 days so they could be rusty after a longer time without playing. I think this is what probably happened against United in the first 10-15 minutes. We can't afford similar start vs. Liverpool. Anyway after Atletico game most if not all of our key players (except Vidal who is giving 120% effort every time) are playing in consevative, energy-saving mode so it's not like starters who might play against Levante will be too tired to not perform against Liverpool.

MTL_Barca

I was expecting him to start against Alaves and be benched this weekend, but since he already got some rest thereso iy should be fine to give him minutes again this weekend. I wouldn't even be surprised to see him start. Rest is important but so is keeping rythm.

We play at home on Saturday and CL is Wednesday also at home so at least there won't be any traveling and there are 3 full days between the games.

booge

let's hope its a draw or winning at half time then bring Messi on for second half right off the bat so Levente players dont notice him coming on :p

Vilarrubi

D5G0dfcX4AYwUfi

Trophies in the background and at the side... a sign of things to come. GOAT.

Andresito

Staff member
What if he isn't resting but lost his spot in the eleven :messi:

When was the last time Messi started on the bench twice in a row?

pregra

Great that he is rested but doesn't really help that much when the other 9 outfield starters are gassed from minute 1 vs Liverpool.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
He really meant what he said about the CL at the beginning of the season. Shame that morons like Suarez can’t put aside their ego and do the same as Leo is doing.

Home of Barca Fans