10 - Lionel Messi - V6

pregra

Don’t understand him always being in the centre, crowded out. When was the last time he made one of his trademark runs from RW to the centre and curled it in the corner? Feels like years ago.

Ritchie

He's given up on this team. Realises he's wasting what's left of his career with this shite.

It's like everything he's had to put up with at international level but every week now.

He's over 30. He needs players facilitating him like Ronaldo gets instead he has to do more.

Alik

Very poor, he is so predictable these days. I think it is time to realise he is not the best player in the world anymore. Replace him with Neymar and we would be a better team. Sad but true. Of course it doesn’t help that his best friend constantly fucks up every attack.

I think it's time you realise how silly you are.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Neymar is miles better now, and nowhere near as predictable. Cronaldo also this season, hurts but it’s true. Mbappe. And the list goes on.

Dude. Ronaldo? :lol: Okay, you must be trolling. Did that guy even score in the CL yet? All he did was bullying minnows in the Serie A so far and he still got worse stats than Leo.

CatalinR10

except scoring he was really good .

I don't know what you people expect him to do with a donkey in front of him.

If Suarez plays like shit it seems like he has to score or no one will so he'll have to pull performances like Bayern , at home, in CL back some years where Suarez missed 1v1s and other great chances.

FCBfan22

Neymar is miles better now, and nowhere near as predictable. Cronaldo also this season, hurts but it’s true. Mbappe. And the list goes on.

False.

Now, the difference is that all of those players have coaches, who know how to set-up a team around them. We don't have that and Messi still delivers.

Richard.H

He needs to give a talk to Suarez at the next dinner they have together (which should be tonight). He needs to drop a hint or two that he’s playing like :shit:

CatalinR10

he's scored 30 goals and gave 15 assists so far , and let's not talk about the clear chances he's created.

Oh and yes , he doesn't play in farmers leagues to boost up his stats.

Last edited:

Raketa10

1. Messi is always dead tired in February and March
2. yet the teammates are looking for Messi in every action
= when you sum Messipendencia and slow, tired Messi= any decent opponent can stop us and knock us out

He shouldn't be dead tired, he had enough rest this year and he wasn't playing for NT. I agree on the second part though. In every single attack ball has to go trough him. It's becoming annoying, not to mention it's predictable! I often wonder why our players have such big sallaries when they can't do shit without Messi?

Last edited:

likeafire

I can see Ronaldo winning the champions league with juventus this season which would make him the best in the world and seal another ballon dor for him.

Sadly, Messi is surrounded by donkeys

BBZ8800

I don't know about others, but I always have a Deja Vu.
Watching the same match over again and again in a CL knockout matches.

Messi is probably 50% of a player whom he used to be.
Yet, our players are passing to him in every single action, and every decent opponent know that.
Also, since Messi is slow, playing in the middle and since our attacking patterns are predictable, he is always surround by 3-4 defenders in the middle and easily neutralized.

Some will say: we missed Arthur.
Well, you can easily put both Arthur and De Jong on a field and nothing will change in a CL: every pass will go to Messi. He will be slower and slower and easy to stop.
At least we haven't conceded today.
If we were losing 0:1, he would probably be slow&start to sulk, as always.
And yet, teammates would still pass every single ball to him.

Now, imagine playing with Juventus or some teams with a better defense and a better attack.
We will never score, and we will concede 2-3 goals. 1 goal after a counter and 1 goal after a corner kick.
Then people will come to a forum and say: we lost because of stupid Rakitic and Suarez.
Well, fine.
But our best player is miles, miles away from his standard in a CL for several years in a row.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans