10 - Lionel Messi - V6

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Starting to become bit annoyed with his immature through ball and dribble attempts. Seems like a recurring theme this season. Has to step up.

Nothanks

Lol what?
messi gave alba two golden chances with his "immature through ball"
same with dembele and coutinho.

we have far too many conservative midfielders i like a riskier side of messi, doesn't always work but more often than not it helps us.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Lol what?
messi gave alba two golden chances with his "immature through ball"
same with dembele and coutinho.

we have far too many conservative midfielders i like a riskier side of messi, doesn't always work but more often than not it helps us.

Of course I'm meaning his failed attempts when there are objectively better options. If Messi gets it right he never fails to execute that pass, it is just in some instances, that pass is just not needed at all and he still goes for it. My post however was more about his dribble attempts today, wasn't sharp enough.

Mitchell1978

400 goals in 435 games

he scored goal 100 in game 154
he scored goal 200 in game 235 (100 goals in 81 games)
he scored goal 300 in game 334 (100 goals in 99 games)
he scored goal 400 in game 435 (100 goals in 101 games)

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I wonder how long he'll keep playing for and if he'll end his career at Barca, he has a clause where he supposedly can leave for free in 2020 to a smaller team. I think in a way it's lucky for us he didn't win the World Cup in 14 or last year. As he might have retired earlier then, but now he might keep on playing until 2022.

raskolnikov

I wonder how long he'll keep playing for and if he'll end his career at Barca, he has a clause where he supposedly can leave for free in 2020 to a smaller team. I think in a way it's lucky for us he didn't win the World Cup in 14 or last year. As he might have retired earlier then, but now he might keep on playing until 2022.
Rumour has it his family prefers staying in barca over moving back to Argentina.
It may sound weird but even stopping in 2022 feels to soon with the way he is playing. That would mean he only has 3 seasons left. Maybe if he got bored or injured but quality wise you would feel he wont be done in 3 seasons.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Rumour has it his family prefers staying in barca over moving back to Argentina.
It may sound weird but even stopping in 2022 feels to soon with the way he is playing. That would mean he only has 3 seasons left. Maybe if he got bored or injured but quality wise you would feel he wont be done in 3 seasons.

Yeah, I think he said so himself. That he and his wife have talked about what will happen when he retires and that they lean towards staying in Barcelona because of their kids and due to the unstable situation in Argentina.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Messi is primed to pass Pele's goal tally. 100 goals in all competitions left to pass him and he has plenty of years to do it. IMO if he stays healthy and plays till around 37-38 I think he'll probably pass Bican too, which is absurd. He's taking goalscoring records from the 30's-70's, every single era, and just shattering them.

Ronaldo has a chance to pass both Pele and Bican as well but Messi has a much better ratio and probably will separate himself from Ronaldo in goalscoring rate these next few years.

And it's nuts that in all this noise, Messi could might even be the best ever even if he hadn't scored a single goal :lol:

Home of Barca Fans