10 - Lionel Messi - V6

messi2140

6racies Xavi
This is how Marca translated it :

Do you miss Messi?

"Maybe I miss him a little. I have played in England, Spain, Italy, Portugal, with the national team, while he has stayed in Spain. Maybe, he needs me more."For me, life is a challenge, I like it and I like to make it happy. I would like him to come to Italy one day. Do what I did, accept the challenge. However, if he is happy there, I respect that."He is a great player, a great guy, but here I don't miss anything. This is my new life and I am happy."

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Lol what?

The only one who's gained anything by the press painting it was a rivalry is Cristiano himself. Messi seem confident in what he is while CR is forever insecure despite winning three consecutive CL titles.

Guess it's tough when despite all that you're still not recognized as a better player. Will get even worse when both retires as Messi's name will kept being brought up vs Maradona and Pele while he'll become irrelevant in that discussion as he mostly is right now.

KingLeo10

in 2012 barça won the copa del rey and la liga (12-13) was almost won by november/december 2012

We won the copa and league last season too. My point was that winning the CL, despite actual performance level in the competition, has become a de facto requirement for winning these awards lately. The WC is understandable given the sheer meaning of the trophy.

Messi was excellent in the 11/12 edition of the CL but he did have the crucial penalty miss that cost us the tie. And won it despite that because he was simply the best player on the planet all year. I'd argue he was the best player last season too (without the gap), but unfortunately that one tie against Roma destroyed all his chances, despite him being stellar v Chelsea and Juve. Not to mention single handedly winning us liga.

Last edited:

bismp

Man in 2012 he scored 91 goals,that's literally a world record and double the amount any World Class striker achieves today,of course he was going to win the Ballon D'Or

We won the copa and league last season too. My point was that winning the CL, despite actual performance level in the competition, has become a de facto requirement for winning these awards lately. The WC is understandable given the sheer meaning of the trophy.

Messi was excellent in the 11/12 edition of the CL but he did have the crucial penalty miss that cost us the tie. And won it despite that because he was simply the best player on the planet all year. I'd argue he was the best player last season too (without the gap), but unfortunately that one tie against Roma destroyed all his chances, despite him being stellar v Chelsea and Juve. Not to mention single handedly winning us liga.

It wasnt Messi fault that Barca lost against Chelsea. He was the best player on that night.

raskolnikov

It wasnt Messi fault that Barca lost against Chelsea. He was the best player on that night.
People only remember small moments from matches that were noticable. You can play shit score a winner and people remember that. They only look at results along with a few noticable moments.
Thats why we are Uefalona for that its a disgrace match but nobody talks about the first match. Same with Busquets being branded as on of the worst cheaters ever for his peek a boo moment vs Inter yet nobody cares for Real and their offside goals vs Bayern or Ramos vs Vuadrafo the year before.

Its media created perception. Perez has a shitload of infuence (fake Zlatan quote is on point) thus things like that get stuck in the mind of people.
Ronaldo plays terrible at ec 16 but is a hero, messi is great at Copa America but gers the Roberto Baggio threatment for not being clutch despite the great tournament.
With Chelsea 2012 its stuck in peoples mind as a messi failure. Its just that 85 Gerd Muller target and his 91 goals along with hype made up for it as far the ballon dor is concerned.

Givenchy

he probably wanted a rest.. i doubt EV would actually bench he or Suarez without their consent. still, it sucks not getting to watc the goat

People only remember small moments from matches that were noticable. You can play shit score a winner and people remember that. They only look at results along with a few noticable moments.
Thats why we are Uefalona for that its a disgrace match but nobody talks about the first match. Same with Busquets being branded as on of the worst cheaters ever for his peek a boo moment vs Inter yet nobody cares for Real and their offside goals vs Bayern or Ramos vs Vuadrafo the year before.

Its media created perception. Perez has a shitload of infuence (fake Zlatan quote is on point) thus things like that get stuck in the mind of people.
Ronaldo plays terrible at ec 16 but is a hero, messi is great at Copa America but gers the Roberto Baggio threatment for not being clutch despite the great tournament.
With Chelsea 2012 its stuck in peoples mind as a messi failure. Its just that 85 Gerd Muller target and his 91 goals along with hype made up for it as far the ballon dor is concerned.

Yes I hate it when People say its Messis fault why Barca doesnt qualify. This trolls should be ban.

Ripsta

Has spent a shit load of time out with no International games to play and the broken arm and there are stupid cunts who thinks he needs to rest.

Very disappointed he didn't start tonight, hopefully he plays second half and scores a few, I don't care how meaningless it is but I want him to close the goal gap on Ronaldo ASAP.

Home of Barca Fans