10 - Lionel Messi - V6

Kul_z

There's no balon d'or in the world that can describe his performances. Let them feast, deep inside they all know..

serghei

Luis Enrique, despite his flaws was much, much better than Valverde. I have not seen any Barca manager who is as cowardly as Valverde. He made us a worse team.

Yes, I agree Lucho was better. He at least wasn't afraid to lead the team, even if he took bad decisions at times.

Pedro

La Masia
Yes, I agree Lucho was better. He at least wasn't afraid to lead the team, even if he took bad decisions at times.

He wasn't much better, he just had Neymar to make MSN uptop and don't forget Xavi, if Ernie had them too he would've done even better with Barca so far

shadows

I wouldn't go that far ..He was crazy too.. He was anti-Valverde in that he rotated excessively, he even had commentators mentioning how he never played the same 11..and if i remember correctly, it took an intervention from the senior players after the Sociedad game to sort out our problems with our front line back then in his first year....The only thing different i see from EV is that he isn't that conservative and we actually were entertaining but that could also be because of a better set of players and average age overall (guessing this part on a younger Messi, relatively younger Iniesta and an inform Suarez and Neymar playing well)..

FCB1987

Banned
I can never rate Lucho as a manager after he picked Mathieu over Alba at Juventus. His decision not to rest any of MSN between Atletico ties in 2016 was also one of the worst managerial decisions of recent history.

People gave Valverde stick for not resting before Roma but at least he could argue that the tie looked already over and Messi had only started once in the previous three weeks. With Lucho, the tie was clearly still in the balance and MSN had all recently played international matches and looked tired since returing.

Pedro

La Masia
DtRD0ZfX4AEeIML.jpg:large

Messi with GGG

soul24rage

I can never rate Lucho as a manager after he picked Mathieu over Alba at Juventus. His decision not to rest any of MSN between Atletico ties in 2016 was also one of the worst managerial decisions of recent history.

People gave Valverde stick for not resting before Roma but at least he could argue that the tie looked already over and Messi had only started once in the previous three weeks. With Lucho, the tie was clearly still in the balance and MSN had all recently played international matches and looked tired since returing.

we had a great chance to win a second treble in a row in that 15/16 season and those decisions really baffled me even to this day.

serghei

Lucho has made us play great football for a portion of his time here. His team and tactics made sense for a while. Valverde never did that. He's yet to make this team play very good football after all the money spent on transfers in this time.

Lucho's 2015 side won the Champions League in style, one of the most worthy winners in the history of the competitions beating all of their rivals in very clear fashion.

FCB1987

Banned
Lucho has made us play great football for a portion of his time here. His team and tactics made sense for a while. Valverde never did that. He's yet to make this team play very good football after all the money spent on transfers in this time.

Lucho did not make us great play football, MSN did. It wasn't even his tactics: Messi and Suarez decided to swap positions on their own.

shadows

Lucho's 2015 side won the Champions League in style, one of the most worthy winners in the history of the competitions beating all of their rivals in very clear fashion.

Well one could also argue it was Enrique's genius buys plus loss of Neymar which saddled Valverde in his first year?? I am not pro Valverde, I think he sucks too with his constantly playing the same 11 and conservative tactics..but lets not get carried away with Lucho's so called genius :D ..The one thing i would give him credit was for using the strengths of MSN to play on the counter to good effect in his first year.. but apart from that it was mostly the senior players resolving his problems??

About the 2015, yes we did deservedly win the champions league, but we also did have problems through the year which the players themselves sorted out..plus he was tactically clueless in the UCL after his first year..

serghei

Well one could also argue it was Enrique's genius buys plus loss of Neymar which saddled Valverde in his first year?? I am not pro Valverde, I think he sucks too with his constantly playing the same 11 and conservative tactics..but lets not get carried away with Lucho's so called genius :D ..The one thing i would give him credit was for using the strengths of MSN to play on the counter to good effect in his first year.. but apart from that it was mostly the senior players resolving his problems??

About the 2015, yes we did deservedly win the champions league, but we also did have problems through the year which the players themselves sorted out..plus he was tactically clueless in the UCL after his first year..

I don't think Lucho was amazing or anything, just a good enough manager with more qualities than Valverde, for a club like Barcelona. Being a Barca glory must've helped too. He also rotate much better than Valverde did in his first seasons. Took it over the top in his 3rd, but in the first two we were in better shape than this at any point under Ernie.

shadows

I don't think Lucho was amazing or anything, just a good enough manager with more qualities than Valverde, for a club like Barcelona. Being a Barca glory must've helped too. He also rotate much better than Valverde did in his first seasons. Took it over the top in his 3rd, but in the first two we were in better shape than this at any point under Ernie.

well i wouldnt classify him as good enough either..He hasn't done enough to prove that either, he did fuck up with Roma...Here however he did benefit from a younger Messi, younger Suarez and Neymar who solved the issues amongst themselves..and also had a xavi/younger Iniesta and younger midfield/defenders.....He over rotated causing friction within the squad before they solved it amongst themselves....Valverde in his first year was stuck with the poor buys of Lucho's time and loss of Neymar..Of course, second year Valverde has shown irrespective of the players he has he will play the same 11 :D

Last edited:

henias

I suppose you completely forgot the part where Valverde froze on the sidelines while watching this side crumble goal after goal only to bring on Gomes in the last 10 mins. I dont know which manager can top that. If u said Lucho not resting MSN was the worst decision in history and then go on to defend Valverde is the real paradox.

Then again, it's not like Valverde is better in rotations all season as well.

eaman

I'm sorry but a manager that brought a treble and then a double the following season can't be a bad manager. Nobody should really be giving him stick. I think I might agree with some of the fans who visit this site and laugh at how ridiculously harsh some are towards managers and players

Obiaseti

Lucho had way more charisma than Valverde. For all his flaws he knew how to manage our team and yes that also includes knowing when to grant them autonomy and step back. Valverde is as tepid as it gets. He's just too bland to evoke anything from our players and it shows clear as day when we play. That would have been alright had he been sharp on the tactical side of things but again he falls woefully short in that aspect as well. Overall a very forgettable and hopefully brief tenure.

Home of Barca Fans