10 - Lionel Messi - V6

FCB1987

Banned
Brazil is going to play this dross Argentina off the park in the semis.

That is if they get past Venezuala first, which is by no means guaranteed.

If Messi can pull this miracle off it will be his greatest team achievement ever.

Beating a Brazil team that didn't score against Venezuela or Paraguay?

Last edited:

Tackle

Beating a Brazil team that didn't score against Venezuela or Paraguay?

France also looked like flaming rubbish before playing Argentina. The Argies cannot play the low block, nor can they defend. Venezuela and Parguary executed the park the bus strategy to perfection. Argentina's midfield and defense are complete rubbish at holding their structure and will be passed by Brazil like butter.

The gulf in quality will be evident and Brazil should easily carve them up for at least 3 goals.

Anything is possible in football though.

Ritchie

France also looked like flaming rubbish before playing Argentina. The Argies cannot play the low block, nor can they defend. Venezuela and Parguary executed the park the bus strategy to perfection. Argentina's midfield and defense are complete rubbish at holding their structure and will be passed by Brazil like butter.

The gulf in quality will be evident and Brazil should easily carve them up for at least 3 goals.

Anything is possible in football though.

Argentina can't beat a parked bus either.

raskolnikov

Argentina cany do anything right. Atleast park the bus and let the creative players try and score if you suck at everything else.
If they get by venezuela, which is a big if, they will get schooled by brazil.
I will definitly put money on that.

Don Andrésº8

1) Put Messi at false 9 in big games so we aren't defending in a 442 with 1 attacker who doesn't press much which forces us to sit deep.

2) Demanding Messi to show a bit more effort and leadership in those few very big matches.

3) Getting better and more athletic players around him and our other aging players.

4) Ideally getting a new manager.

This!!!! But foremost he needs a real coach Messi is playing like if he was player and coach at the same time, he cant... He needs to let others players to move the ball in the midfield

pregra

Fuck me, not exactly magnet in his boots so far. Loosing every ball, and he has been set up in good positions as well. Lautaro and De Paul looking like a million dollars in comparison. Hopefully he improves, quick.

serghei

I'd be surprised if he ran 2km in the first third of the match. Looks like a retired player in a charity game, not someone who's still supposed to be in his prime.

He's either the laziest player in the world, his fitness is totally crap, or he just doesn't give a shit.

Lautaro is carrying them so far. One man attack until now. Aguero is running his ass off too. Everybody from Argie giving 100% except Messi. Talent doesn't give you an excuse to be lazy.

Last edited:

pregra

Probably the worst Argentina player that first half, never thought I’d see it. I know we jap about his work-rate and passion all the time but tonight it is certainly warranted, he just walks/jogs (at a maximum) 99% of the time. The contrast to the other Argentines is staggering, they work their asses of. If he had done magic with the ball it would’ve been all right. But every involvement bar a couple has been very, very poor.

serghei

He has improved and played some good passes in the last 5 mins, but the all-around intensity form him so far is a joke.

Home of Barca Fans