Europa League

JamDav1982

La Liga has been dominating Europe for a long long time now.
It's okay for them to fall behind a bit at this point tbh lol.
Most leagues/countries are also suffering a severe lack of talents so it's not only Spain actually.
The whole football world is going through the darkest era in history at least since the 60s.
Football never experienced this level of lack of talents and competitive managers.

La Liga has not been all that dominant in years prior to this.

Covid played havoc with single games and some 'strange' results last season but prior to that EPL teams had won 3 of the 4 previous CL/Europa leagues and had in 2019 two all EPL finals.

Domination of La Liga ended a while back.

BerkeleyBernie

Red card, Braga vs Roma.

You can rest assured that when I'm sitting on a yellow card, my first thought is always "Oh yeah, let's clothesline that dude right in front of the ref. Bodyslam!" :lol:

henias

La Liga has been dominating Europe for a long long time now.
It's okay for them to fall behind a bit at this point tbh lol.
Most leagues/countries are also suffering a severe lack of talents so it's not only Spain actually.
The whole football world is going through the darkest era in history at least since the 60s.
Football never experienced this level of lack of talents and competitive managers.

Hardly dominant at all. Despite Sevilla winning Europa leagues, I must say they are absolutely terrible in the CL for a long time now. The only other strong teams are Barca and Madrid who are clearly not at their level now, but somehow are getting top 4 consistently in the Spanish league, only to get a rude shock when facing high intensity, fast paced teams in the CL.

Barcilliant

Probably going to be a tough couple of years for Spanish teams but I wouldn't say they are finished though, fully expect Barca and Real to be back on top within 3 or 4 years.

No way. I wouldn't be surprised if it's twenty years. Spanish clubs were nowhere on the scene in the seventies and eighties.

Messi983

Barca, Sevilla, Sociedad are all going out of european competitions after the first leg conceding 3+ goals at home

Real Madrid barely made it out of the group stages

Wouldn't be surprised at all if Atletico get eliminated by Chelsea either.

La Liga has been utter garbage in Europe. By far the worst out of any of the leagues.

I wouldn't write Sevilla off yet.

malvolio

Hardly dominant at all. Despite Sevilla winning Europa leagues, I must say they are absolutely terrible in the CL for a long time now. The only other strong teams are Barca and Madrid who are clearly not at their level now, but somehow are getting top 4 consistently in the Spanish league, only to get a rude shock when facing high intensity, fast paced teams in the CL.

i'm no expert in this, but seems spain fares better than others and it was mostly between them and england anyway - https://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/uefarankings/country/#/yr/2021

what do we measure against here?

Proper

Banned
Probably going to be a tough couple of years for Spanish teams but I wouldn't say they are finished though, fully expect Barca and Real to be back on top within 3 or 4 years.

3 to 4 years, really? How is this going to happen? Manchester United lost Sir Alex Ferguson but was still rich as fuck and could still buy any player they wanted and still had a great academy, look how that worked out. Signs look promising now, but they've been in limbo for 7 years so how are Barcelona and Real going to be back in 3 to 4 years without money and with an abandoned youth system? Sure, i have no doubts they will be competing domestically but i mean by being back is competing for Champions Leagues, this is not going to happen any time soon!

Where is the money going to come from (to inject new blood)? Where is their youth? Even if Barcelona/Madrid start working on their academies today, which isn't going to happen and sticking the best 14/15 year olds into their academies (which is going to be hard as the Premier League is scooping all these kids up) it's going to take 4 to 5 years just to see results of this and 8 years for these players to spring Barcelona/Madrid into Champions Leagues contenders again and that is only if both clubs are lucky and sign 2 or 3 players who look the business to mix these home grown players with and that is not easy, more times than not big money signings flop (see Hazard/see Griezmann/see Dembele) but as said where is the money going to come from for that?

Football progression is a continuous thing, every year you have to oil the wheels. Bayern is a classic example of this, youth/investment/infrastructure. Miss just 1 year of this and you have problems, Barcelona/Madrid (La Liga as a whole) have skipped several years of this in terms of youth and made some horrible decisions in terms of high profile signings.

Last edited:

CatalinR10

2nd placed team in mighty PL getting thrown out of the competition at home after a 0-2 loss against Slavia Prague

LMAO.

Birdy

"Villarreal and Granada keeping LaLiga flag high on Europa league" they said...

EvGeeYWXcAgD3FS

EvGd84wWQAIizRd

LMAOL

Waiting for both to get the thrashing awakening they deserved on the next round

Home of Barca Fans