Europa League

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Another shit show and embarrassing performance by Inter. Don't get how Spalletti survived this long. Another defeat against Milan this weekend and he should get sacked for sure. Now for numerous consecutive season Inter fans wishes the season to end sooner. What a pathetic bunch this club has gathered together, from the management to the players. So many deadwoods at the club. Candreva must be one of the dumbest players I have ever seen!

Whne he subbed in that 16 year old kid Esposito , I was dying of laughter.

serghei

Some juicy games in the Europa League quarters. Napoli - Arsenal, Valencia - Villareal and Benfica - Frankfurt are very promising.

Cule4life

The Culest
Some juicy games in the Europa League quarters. Napoli - Arsenal, Valencia - Villareal and Benfica - Frankfurt are very promising.

With CL games so disappointing these days, Europa league is much more exciting even though the player quality is lower.

serghei

With CL games so disappointing these days, Europa league is much more exciting even though the player quality is lower.

There's not as much difference as in the past, Europa League is improving as a competition. Benfica are not weaker than Porto, and at their best Napoli could beat 50% of the teams in the CL quarters.

Cule4life

The Culest
There's not as much difference as in the past, Europa League is improving as a competition. Benfica are not weaker than Porto, and at their best Napoli could beat 50% of the teams in the CL quarters.

Shame teams don't take it seriously enough. Maybe UEFA need to give it more boost. Reduce prize money from CL and give it to Europa maybe?

serghei

Shame teams don't take it seriously enough. Maybe UEFA need to give it more boost. Reduce prize money from CL and give it to Europa maybe?

I think they do now. Would be stupid not to. It's an european trophy as well as a place in CL groups guaranteed. On top of playing for another trophy in the Europe Supercup.

Cule4life

The Culest
I think they do now. Would be stupid not to. It's an european trophy as well as a place in CL groups guaranteed. On top of playing for another trophy in the Europe Supercup.

They still don't though. Many play second string sides. Though those players getting a run can be an attraction and they might play with much more motivation to get a place in the first team.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
That was actually a breath of fresh air. I rather they play the youngsters than all these grown up washed up loons on high salaries.

Imo , I always find it a shitty thing to drop such a young player in a high stakes game and hope for the best. I mean if he was slowly eased in against easy Seria A teams then subbed in against Frankfurt I wouldn't mind. But I hate when its done like this.

Leo_Messi

[MENTION=5627]Razor[/MENTION]

Inter were missing half of the team (almost) against Eintracht. Although I do agree that Spalletti, although he secured Inter their first CL qualification in several seasons last season in dramatic fashion against Lazio away form home, is not the right long-term option. However given our recent talk about Serie A, it is crucial that Inter ends up in the top 4 (along with AC Milan). After 8 trophy less seasons (AC Milan not being much better in that same time period) it is about time for both those Milanese giants to put up a REAL talent to Juve. It would be a catastrophe if the current pathetic status quo continued for much longer.

In other words, a shame that Villarreal and Valencia drew each other. Talk about bad luck.

Arsenal-Napoli will be the game to look for IMO. Really hope that Napoli will advance. Would like to see a Spanish-Italian final, say Napoli-Valencia although Chelsea might be favorites overall so unlikely to happen.

Last edited:

Chainsaw

Killahead
Imo , I always find it a shitty thing to drop such a young player in a high stakes game and hope for the best. I mean if he was slowly eased in against easy Seria A teams then subbed in against Frankfurt I wouldn't mind. But I hate when its done like this.

Right, but there weren't many other options on the bench. I'm sure Spalletti didn't mind to drop another washed up useless oldie on the pitch instead of Esposito, but his hands were tied this time.

[MENTION=5627]Razor[/MENTION]

Inter were missing half of the team (almost) against Eintracht. Although I do agree that Spalletti, although he secured Inter their first CL qualification in several seasons last season in dramatic fashion against Lazio away form home, is not the right long-term option. However given our recent talk about Serie A, it is crucial that Inter ends up in the top 4 (along with AC Milan). After 8 trophy less seasons (AC Milan not being much better in that same time period) it is about time for both those Milanese giants to put up a REAL talent to Juve. It would be a catastrophe if the current pathetic status quo continued for much longer.

When he had almost the full team the performances were poor and Inter were dropping points against many lower teams. Inter lost many easy points. Just look how far Milan and Roma were to Inter and where are they now. The stats against Frankfurt were pathetic! If Inter lose tonight Spalletti should be gone. He has a good enough squad to finish in the top 4. That's the least he should achieve, but even that is in danger now.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans