Europa League

Leo_Messi

Villarreal leading 2-0 against Zenit at home and combined 5-1. No way are they going out now. So at least 3 out of the 16 remaining European teams will be Spanish. Sevilla (Munir) just scored a golazo (a beautiful volley outside of the penalty area) and there will be extra time should the current result (2-2) stand until the end of the 90 minutes. Could be 4 out of 16 (25%) which as written earlier won't be too bad in the worst season in almost 1 decade for Spanish teams in Europe.

In any case Sevilla's away form is truly something else in a negative way.

Eintracht leading 0-1 against Inter and they might end up being the only German team left. Talk about a bad season from the German teams. Ligue 1 not doing much better. Might have 0 teams left should Rennes go out as expected.

Italian teams, unfortunately, not doing good either. Potentially only Juve and Napoli left after tonight.

So potentially 4 Spanish teams, 6 English teams, 2 Italian ones, 1 Dutch one, 2 Portuguese team (or 1 depending on whether Zagreb manages to qualify so far 1-0 in the return leg) and finally 1 German team (Eintracht) if they do not go out which looks unlikely so far.

If Sevilla go out they have only themselves to blame for. Creating more chances this time around as well and should already have been qualified securely without much trouble. Unfortunately this is not how football works like and they might very well be kicked out. Slavia Prague are not as bad as one would believe and from what I can see (UEFA's Coefficient Ranking), the Czech league is one of the better leagues in Europe. Currently ranked 13th while Slavia Prague are leading the Czech league.

https://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/data/method5/crank2019.html

Last edited:

FCBfan22

No farmers... ehm... French clubs left after round of 16 in both competitions.
[MENTION=19661]Jair Ventura[/MENTION]

Leo_Messi

No farmers... ehm... French clubs left after round of 16 in both competitions.
[MENTION=19661]Jair Ventura[/MENTION]

I love you Sarr!

It's a UEFA conspiracy against French teams.

This is what I wrote on Reddit.

"Farmer's League is the best league in the world. Niang is the next Messi."

Yours truly, Jair Ventura.

Sevilla 2-3! Franco Vázquez! FFS. 3-3.:facepalm::lol: Time to resign Juande Ramos to improve that pathetic away form.

Last edited:

Leo_Messi

Benfica destroying Zagreb in overtime. 3-0. Félix with 0 goals but Grimaldo scored the third right after Zagreb's red card. Not seen the goal yet.

Sevilla out! 4-3. Machín most likely getting fired.

This time around this song won't fit the occasion, sadly.

[youtube]E19owSLrZVw[/youtube]

Pathetic stuff.:facepalm:

CatalinR10

Back where you belong you filths

giphy.gif

Absolutelly disgusting league FFS.

Chainsaw

Killahead
Another shit show and embarrassing performance by Inter. Don't get how Spalletti survived this long. Another defeat against Milan this weekend and he should get sacked for sure. Now for numerous consecutive season Inter fans wishes the season to end sooner. What a pathetic bunch this club has gathered together, from the management to the players. So many deadwoods at the club. Candreva must be one of the dumbest players I have ever seen!

JerseyAddict

Another shit show and embarrassing performance by Inter. Don't get how Spalletti survived this long. Another defeat against Milan this weekend and he should get sacked for sure. Now for numerous consecutive season Inter fans wishes the season to end sooner. What a pathetic bunch this club has gathered together, from the management to the players. So many deadwoods at the club. Candreva must be one of the dumbest players I have ever seen!

Inter is sinking like a rock.

Home of Barca Fans