Europa League

Leo_Messi

You were saying?

The resident clown in action as usual.:lol:

Villarreal win away against Sporting, Sevilla win away against Lazio, Valencia win away against Celtic and Betis drawing 3-3 away from home against Rennes. Based on stats alone (did not watch the game) it must have been a miracle that Betis did not win that game. Great stuff overall.

Good to see Napoli and Inter winning as well in terms of coefficient points.

Last edited:

Jair Ventura

It's likely that Ligue 1 will remain with only one team in Europe after the first knockout stage.

I think Rennes and Lyon are going out vs the Spanish sides.

Serie A looks likely to remain with 4. Juve, Roma, Inter and Napoli.

So much for that.

[MENTION=19517]Leo_Messi[/MENTION] ::wave:

Leo_Messi

So much for that.

[MENTION=19517]Leo_Messi[/MENTION] ::wave:

Congratulations. Now there will be a grand total of 2 French teams :)lol:) left in the knockout stages of the CL and Europa League against 6 Spanish teams (more than any other league, surprise, surprise) and Spain continues to be the undisputed king in the European club football department coefficient wise and historically (in terms of trophies won).

Because my initial point, about French teams doing pathetically bad in Europe this season compared to what your likes make it sound like here, is going to change because Rennes made it while every other French team not named QSG failed tremendously.:lol:

:wave:

No reply, thought so!

BTW, I am a happy man as Setién falling against some French scrubs is good news for me as I feared that our useless board would go for him this summer, should Valverde get fired. Less likely now after this failure. All 7 Spanish teams could have been left if not for Setién falling spectacularly.

Last edited:

serghei

Man, how do you get kicked out by Rennes (lol) after scoring 3 goals away. :facepalm:

First professional football team to be eliminated by a team of farmers from a UEFA sanctioned competition. Well done Betis!

Not surprised.

Setien is an extremely overrated coach. The perfect coach if you want beautiful passing with no actual purpose.

Which is still 10x better than ugly passing with no purpose and world class team like we're doing with Ernie.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans