User Tag List

View Poll Results: Who will win the league?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Arsenal

0 0%
  • Chelsea

1 3.70%
  • Liverpool

4 14.81%
  • Manchester City

21 77.78%
  • Manchester United

1 3.70%
  • Tottenham

0 0%
  • Other

0 0%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Premier League 2018/19

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DonAK View Post
    He's not a Man Utd fan AFAIK.

Anyway Man Utd will always be bigger historically, but they have to be careful because if the rots sets in and Man City keep running away with their ambitious long-term plan the fanbase in Manchester and England will go from pre-dominantly being Man Utd fans to Man City fans.

The kids growing up will rather want to see the team playing amazing, entertaining football as well as winning trophies. Those are the teams they will adore and start supporting growing up and likely remain with it for most of their life.

Fan is after all short for fanatic.
    I was thinking about this a few days ago. ManUtd is far from it, but I don't know anyone who's really young and supports Milan. And they were a very definition of a powerhouse.

ManUtd is, however, strong side in terms of marketing. Maybe that can keep them afloat if not football.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demog View Post
    Aah, okay I didn't realise he was a United fan. That makes sense though. City will never catch up to their trophy record, [...]
    People said the same of United when they wanted to 'knock Liverpool off their perch'.