Premier League 2018/19

Who will win the league?

• Total voters

El Gato

Villarato!
Wouldnt say Aguero is washed up, he will probably score his 20+ goals while missing a third of the season, as usual.

Probably right about the 20+ goals bit. Not my cup of tea that guy. Definitely more useful and less costly than Ozil for instance.

As for City being "underwhelming".. this is the first fixture of the season really. I'm sure Pep expected this. His Barca had random Hercules losses at home after doing sextuples (or whichever season that was in). They have 4x the quality anyway.

KingLeo10

Liverpool are a serious threat for City this season. However if there's one thing Pep is indisputably the best around at, it's cruising to league titles.

Vilarrubi

Probably right about the 20+ goals bit. Not my cup of tea that guy. Definitely more useful and less costly than Ozil for instance.

As for City being "underwhelming".. this is the first fixture of the season really. I'm sure Pep expected this. His Barca had random Hercules losses at home after doing sextuples (or whichever season that was in). They have 4x the quality anyway.

Who said they were underwhelming? They had great spells and never looked under threat.. arsenal away too, you can guarentee some big teams will go there and lose this season.

El Gato

Villarato!
Who said they were underwhelming? They had great spells and never looked under threat.. arsenal away too, you can guarentee some big teams will go there and lose this season.

Underwhelming, sloppy as a number of guys pointed out.. call it whatever you want. First game of the season stuff. Some players look shit (Gundogan), some look great (Bernardo). Usual stuff.

utility73

Regarding City being sloppy this was mostly Mendy. While being quite the threat in offense with his two assists he was a big liability in defense today. Made a lot of mistakes leading to potentially dangerous situations and nearly caused a penalty.

In any case City hit the ground running with two confident wins in their first two competitive matches.

Demog

City will win the title again and do so easily. Liverpool might come 2nd but will be a long way behind.

Tiny Kim

Because some United supporters are gluttons for punishment. They would have their local rivals, who are a far better side than any other club in the country, continue to make them feel insignificant rather than have some other club stop City's dominance. No Liverpool supporter would ever wish for Everton to win multiple PL titles over the likes of United, Chelsea, Arsenal, City, Spurs, etc.

Demog

Because some United supporters are gluttons for punishment. They would have their local rivals, who are a far better side than any other club in the country, continue to make them feel insignificant rather than have some other club stop City's dominance. No Liverpool supporter would ever wish for Everton to win multiple PL titles over the likes of United, Chelsea, Arsenal, City, Spurs, etc.
Aah, okay I didn't realise he was a United fan. That makes sense though. City will never catch up to their trophy record, and United fans consider City's success to be "bought" by the Sheikh so see their success as artificial. Liverpool are considered a "real" rival, in terms of historical rivalry and both of their current attempts to overtake the super-rich clubs like City and Chelsea.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He's not a Man Utd fan AFAIK.

Anyway Man Utd will always be bigger historically, but they have to be careful because if the rots sets in and Man City keep running away with their ambitious long-term plan the fanbase in Manchester and England will go from pre-dominantly being Man Utd fans to Man City fans.

The kids growing up will rather want to see the team playing amazing, entertaining football as well as winning trophies. Those are the teams they will adore and start supporting growing up and likely remain with it for most of their life.

Fan is after all short for fanatic.

Joan

I'm seeing this now. :lol: Why the hell would I need to be a ManUtd fan? I'm not Klopp's (nor Liverpool's) biggest fan around. In fact, I don't like any EPL team much.

Joan

He's not a Man Utd fan AFAIK.

Anyway Man Utd will always be bigger historically, but they have to be careful because if the rots sets in and Man City keep running away with their ambitious long-term plan the fanbase in Manchester and England will go from pre-dominantly being Man Utd fans to Man City fans.

The kids growing up will rather want to see the team playing amazing, entertaining football as well as winning trophies. Those are the teams they will adore and start supporting growing up and likely remain with it for most of their life.

Fan is after all short for fanatic.

I was thinking about this a few days ago. ManUtd is far from it, but I don't know anyone who's really young and supports Milan. And they were a very definition of a powerhouse.

ManUtd is, however, strong side in terms of marketing. Maybe that can keep them afloat if not football.

Home of Barca Fans