Premier League 2018/19

Who will win the league?

• Total voters

khaled_a_d

Most international fans care more about the CL because it's well, international, or european at least. The simple fact that you support a team that is not from your country makes you more likely to view CL as the biggest and the best.

Have you seen/talked/read to any of Liverpool fans? You couldn't be more wrong.
Doesn't seem to matter where are their fans from, they wanted the league way more. Like way way more

Sterlingfan2000

Most international fans care more about the CL because it's well, international, or european at least. The simple fact that you support a team that is not from your country makes you more likely to view CL as the biggest and the best.

The local fans are much more entrenched in the local tradition and rivalries.

England is different. PL is way more worth then CL and it also gives them more money. ( expect huge plastic Clubs like City who have no Fans)

Other country always prefer CL because it isnt as hard as premier league

Shl18

I came across quite a satirical review of this seasons English Premier League in one of the threads. I just can't recall where to find it. Can any member/s who've seen that post please forward the link?

Sorin

Pep said in a Interview he could see himself 10 years at city if they want him. He loves English football and his Family likes Manchester

I get that he likes the PL and the football culture in general is better there than everywhere else. I also get think that he likes the challenge of making City an elite club that will have a certain way of playing even after he leaves them. Something like what Cruyff achieved at Barca. I don't believe he'll stay 10 years at City though. Hell, I'm really doubtful that he'll stay more than 2 years.

However, if we get people in the board that think like him and give him a large saying on what players we sign or sell, he'll be more than happy to return to his home city. I bet that he likes Barcelona way more than Manchester. I think he has a couple more years at City after which he'll go to Italy, to Juventus most likely. Basically I can see him coming if we really want him back, but not earlier than 2024, so about 5 years at least.

stb_1

Newcastle United have been bought by the half brother of the Man City owner for £350 Million..

Another Sheik in the league with a family wealth of £150 billion. Newcastle will be a top, top club soon then. Also... PSG owners QSI are still trying to buy Leeds United (Championship club with Bielsa as manager). We could have a super stronger top 9 in the Premier League soon. City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal, United, Newcastle, Leeds and Wolves all have massive financial clout.

Obviously it'll take time, especially with FFP in place for Newcastle to reach top 4, City messed up a few times before they finally got it right, but I'd say they'll probably crack it in 3 years.

Barcilliant

Newcastle United have been bought by the half brother of the Man City owner for £350 Million..

Another Sheik in the league with a family wealth of £150 billion. Newcastle will be a top, top club soon then. Also... PSG owners QSI are still trying to buy Leeds United (Championship club with Bielsa as manager). We could have a super stronger top 9 in the Premier League soon. City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal, United, Newcastle, Leeds and Wolves all have massive financial clout.

Obviously it'll take time, especially with FFP in place for Newcastle to reach top 4, City messed up a few times before they finally got it right, but I'd say they'll probably crack it in 3 years.

I was going to post this but yes you are right. The money has brought the best managers and now it will get the best players. Also as the league grows stronger it will attract the wealthiest owners. Domino effect really.

La Liga is going to end up like Serie A.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Only a handful of English clubs are now English, making the English Premiership more aptly called the Foreign Premiership

Jenks

Big game today.

D7kt_0vWsAA4xhQ.jpg

Home of Barca Fans