Premier League 2018/19

Who will win the league?

• Total voters

Sailor Mars

He can thank Barca for net profit. Coutinho will go down as one of the worst transfers in the history.

100% terrible transfer. Plus lack of planning. Valverde used him as a LW, while the technical staff buying him envisioned him as a Iniesta replacement.
And Liverpool does not buy Fabinho or Alisson without the Coutinho sale. That sale is the reason they won the CL.

George_Costanza

Most overrated PL manager of the last few years. He built an impressive program at Spurs and certainly elevated the club, but crumbled in the most crucial moments every time. Klopp took over Liverpool from a similar position Spurs were in and made them legitimate CL and PL contenders within 5 years. Pochettino won nothing and the highlight of his Spurs career was a fluke CL final and bottling the title to an 81-point Leicester City, but I guess that's okay because they played some attractive football for a while.

He got good reinforcements this summer and things have only gotten worse. No doubt a very intelligent manager, but success in football is not only down to tactical acumen.

I don't rate the bloke nearly as highly as others do, but I would take him here in a heartbeat over Valverde. He's better than all the other available options by some distance. Don't give a feck he played for and coached Espanyol for a while. The sooner this "Barca DNA" rubbish is put to an end the better it is for the club. He knows the language, the league and isn't mediocre. Good enough for now.

wow! Did you just say you will take Poch over your beloved Valverde?

giphy.gif

Havesaks

Most overrated PL manager of the last few years. He built an impressive program at Spurs and certainly elevated the club, but crumbled in the most crucial moments every time. Klopp took over Liverpool from a similar position Spurs were in and made them legitimate CL and PL contenders within 5 years. Pochettino won nothing and the highlight of his Spurs career was a fluke CL final and bottling the title to an 81-point Leicester City, but I guess that's okay because they played some attractive football for a while.

He got good reinforcements this summer and things have only gotten worse. No doubt a very intelligent manager, but success in football is not only down to tactical acumen.

I don't rate the bloke nearly as highly as others do, but I would take him here in a heartbeat over Valverde. He's better than all the other available options by some distance. Don't give a feck he played for and coached Espanyol for a while. The sooner this "Barca DNA" rubbish is put to an end the better it is for the club. He knows the language, the league and isn't mediocre. Good enough for now.

Maybe you don't care, but he does. Has several time mentioned he wont coach Barca.

Tackle

Maybe you don't care, but he does. Has several time mentioned he wont coach Barca.

Eh, people say a lot of things.

At that time lad probably envisioned a long, successful run with Spurs with no serious thought given to ever being presented such an opportunity. Put a contract in front of him today with the offer of becoming the new manager of F.C. Barcelona, a big contract and having the chance to coach Messi and I think he will have a lot to think about at the very least.

As for the Mou appointment it must make this forum livid. Most blokes on here would consider sacking a manager like Poch for Mou a capital offense.

:lol:

Hey, who knows, maybe he'll win a trophy or two for a change.

:mou:

Home of Barca Fans