Premier League 2018/19

Who will win the league?

• Total voters

malvolio

Saudis pull out of Newcastle deal.

Not sure who the winner is here.

i would have liked for another frankenstein project to emerge. things are already heated up in the premier league. other fools to splash huge amounts of money around would have been fun.

game is already corrupt by money, so it doesn't matter really how many sheiks buy clubs.

all this might well be a political power move and a fuck you to Mohammed bin Salman. i would imagine they would have cut people into pieces at halftime in the dressing room :lol:

Last edited:

malvolio

I wouldn't mind if Spain gets one Oil team. It could create a more interesting league.

I would like PSG to join LaLiga. It would be awesome. Everyone would hate them in LaLiga.

i think this is a broader discussion. spain does not have the economies of germany, france or britain. and since football is all about money now, it would be just like throwing money away since you hardly can get it back with the likes of valencia or sevilla.

sheiks are not that stupid, they go for places that mean something(paris) or leagues that give them a good platform to invest(premier league).

FinBarcelonafan

i think this is a broader discussion. spain does not have the economies of germany, france or britain. and since football is all about money now, it would be just like throwing money away since you hardly can get it back with the likes of valencia or sevilla.

What you mean? Saudis would never invest to Spain, because they can't make their money back?

malvolio

What you mean? Saudis would never invest to Spain, because they can't make their money back?

well it seems its a combination of factors. they've done it in paris because it represents something and they have real wielding power over the league and even the country. bein sports and state of qatar are well established and have many connections in france.

why would saudis take over sevilla or valencia? things in spain are different. money from tv rights are scarce(compared to other leagues), fans don't have the same money as other countries and the two cities don't have the puling power of paris, rome etc.

the current rules prevent sheiks from taking over barca or real, otherwise they would have done it before all other clubs in europe.

sure, you may say that oil clubs just throw money away. but they have to abide some rules and get revenue otherwise it is too obvious and they get sanctioned.

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

well it seems its a combination of factors. they've done it in paris because it represents something and they have real wielding power over the league and even the country. bein sports and state of qatar are well established and have many connections in france.

why would saudis take over sevilla or valencia? things in spain are different. money from tv rights are scarce(compared to other leagues), fans don't have the same money as other countries and the two cities don't have the puling power of paris, rome etc.

the current rules prevent sheiks from taking over barca or real, otherwise they would have done it before all other clubs in europe.

sure, you may say that oil clubs just throw money away. but they have to abide some rules and get revenue otherwise it is too obvious and they get sanctioned.

Yeah, that makes sense. Other countries and cities just have bigger possibilities. No point investing in Spain.

serghei

Arsenal 2-1 up vs Chelsea, FA Cup final. Aubameyang is pretty sharp, been the best player on the field by a margin.

serghei

Yea, Aubameyang would be pretty sweet for the next 2 seasons. Loan Trincao and possibly loan Fati as well.

Home of Barca Fans