Premier League 2018/19

Who will win the league?

• Total voters

henias

There are 20 teams in a league, from top to bottom I don't think the Premier League is the best, certainly, outside the top 2 there is a lot of mediocrity and the teams at the bottom are really poor. Most people judge a league on the top few teams which is why they are saying the Premier League is now the best because of Liverpool and Man City. I still think La Liga is the stronger League especially the bottom half. I don't think there is much difference between Germany, England, Italy or Spain's top divisions, it really depends on which of the big clubs have their act together at the time. I don't find it exciting either, but everybody has their tastes and Spanish football has always catered to mine.

You can't spin it that way either and it's always a stereotypical thing to say. La Liga has their equally fair share of mediocrity. Consistency wise, the top 3 spanish teams aren't that strong but are still leading the league. Sevilla who manage to be first in the league last season at some point last season dropped all the way to 7th. Sevilla had Europa League success but in the CL they fall absolutely flat, struggle in the RO16 or qualifying for it. The mid tier teams just couldnt stay top 3 no matter how bad the teams are, let alone win it. The number of goals scored by Atletico is absolutely pathetic; Liverpool would tear them apart if they are not careful. Especially with their goals conceded, it's not a good ratio. With a flat 442, they have no flexibility while attacking. PL teams are set in a more 4231 to give more balance.

As for the bottom feeders, it's a misconception to think they are poor in the premier league, I could even say that the top half are stronger by that logic. It's really hard to be entirely sure it's the bottom half being really bad. I would say the points are overly exaggerated too due to PL's VAR controversy. Norwich should have won against Tottenham if not for the millimetre offside decision, Wolves would also have had a goal against Liverpool etc.

PL also has better managers right now, teams are more diverse and interesting to watch. Spanish teams probably are more focused on technicality but lack producing of the final third and probably are more conservative. They score alot less goals in general with the exception of Barca. What I like about PL is that they play with alot more intensity and are looking to transition more quickly instead of short passes. They have quick pacy players which also helps with the direct open plays. They just feel more balanced and dynamic in that sense.

Top scorers are always Messi and Suarez. Or even Benzema or Ronaldo. The other players evidently fall behind. You hardly see anyone else.

As of now I believe, they are still ahead of La Liga. I don't see that much quality even in Clasicos as compared to the past.

BBZ8800

Pep at Barca: points per season:
87, 99, 96, 91

Pep at City:
78, 100, 98, and probably 70-80 in this season

First season: learning
2nd-3rd season: peak and domination
4th season: Titanic
After that: switch clubs, repeat the same for 3 years and run.

KingLeo10

87, 99, 96, 91

Pep at City:

I mean, it's better than EV who starts declining from the start.

1st season: 93 points

2nd season: 87 points

3rd season: 40 points at 19 rounds, on course for 80 full season.

FIRED and back to the Greek caves/super league

:lol:

FinBarcelonafan

87, 99, 96, 91

Pep at City:

What if he would continue?

serghei

United with 10 mins showing how you can stop Liverpool. Hang near them intensity and pressing wise, and their technical limitation in midfield and defense will show. Allow them to press you and sit back and you are dead.

jairzinho

Does anyone consider Henderson a world class midfielder?...or Chamberlain?. I doubt. Just shows the difference a world class coach and a proper system can make.

serghei

what i meant was they can score all types of goals consistently - longshots, quick passing, crossing, set pieces, long balls

Yea, long shots not that much after Coutinho left. But I agree overall in that while they have a complete attack.

Does anyone consider Henderson a world class midfielder?...or Chamberlain?. I doubt. Just shows the difference a world class coach and a proper system can make.

Every great team is more than the sum of its parts. Even Pep's Barca was that and they had some of the best players you can gather and put in a team individually speaking.

Home of Barca Fans