Premier League 2018/19

Who will win the league?

• Total voters

FinBarcelonafan

Tbf even Pep struggled in his first season in England and Sarri didn't get most of his signings apart from Jorginho. Chelsea will probably be even better next season as long as they don't lose Hazard/are unable to replace him.

You can't replace Hazard.

vlad

This sentence made me laugh...

Valverde can't motivate players for shit.

Why? We criticize valverde because of defensive approach , sarri came into this match trying to not concede

Sarri would not get praised here for such gameplay

Last edited:

serghei

This, im sure valverde would put team similar to sarri tonight

Even if that is true, next week Chelsea will play a smaller side and Sarri will get his team to outplay the opponent and score loads of goals, playing top stuff. Valverde will set up trying to maybe nick a goal or two thanks to Messi doing some magic and serve some turgid football in the process, making it near borefest.

Sarri can apply a style to win a game, but not forget or neglect what his team should be playing 99% of the time. He knows a game like the one tonight is obviously an exception, not nearly the norm. Valverde doesn't have any idea what his style is. He mostly does the same things every time, the difference being if the stars are in a top day, or in a lazy day.

It takes a great manager to play so outside of one's style and pull off such a disciplined performance like the one vs City.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Barca is a team without an identity. I don't think there's a need to say more than that.

And what happens with teams without an identity you can look at Man Utd or Bayern who both look hopeless right now. Thank the heavens Barca still have some individual players with World Class quality including one GOAT contender. When they get old and you still fuck around with your sporting project and mediocre managers you'll end up like the aforementioned teams.

TrueCule

Everything is going in Liverpool's favor. The referee calls, late blunders from opposite players, result from other fixtures, etc. I'm not impressed with City so far. I think that Liverpool has a fair shot at the league title this season. The team shows promises of maturity and experience, have a much, much better defence with VVD and a better GK. Klopp learned his lesson from previous seasons in Liverpool.

vlad

Even if that is true, next week Chelsea will play a smaller side and Sarri will get his team to outplay the opponent and score loads of goals, playing top stuff. Valverde will set up trying to maybe nick a goal or two thanks to Messi doing some magic and serve some turgid football in the process, making it near borefest.

Sarri can apply a style to win a game, but not forget or neglect what his team should be playing 99% of the time. He knows a game like the one tonight is obviously an exception, not nearly the norm. Valverde doesn't have any idea what his style is. He mostly does the same things every time, the difference being if the stars are in a top day, or in a lazy day.

i understand that, im just focusing on this match and possibility barca getting city in CL, valverde would try similar what sarri did tonight, but things would not look the same, city would destroyed barca, on the flanks, in the middle, you pick it, and only hope would be they waste their chances while barca can nick a goal, but its not only problem in valverde its just that players cant work as a unit, defend and attack, it was before valverde also, one half season under lucho that actually happened, so its not even possible to execute what sarri and his players did tonight.

Last edited:

vlad

Ah , I see we are back to this poor Valverde cant bench anyone narrative.

no, you got me wrong, i cant wait for another coach, but even then i dont expect barca players put work like chelsea tonight, and i see that as a biggest obstacle for barca to get more in CL.

Morten

Pep is a very good coach, and most of the time his approach works, but his sides has always been a bit soft when things dont go their way.
This City-side will probably buckle under pressure again in the CL-knockouts, i still think they will win the league though.

mesiesta

Liverpool ia going to face Man Utd, Arsenal and Man City during next 3-4 weeks. I don't think they will keep their lead too long.

eaman

no, you got me wrong, i cant wait for another coach, but even then i dont expect barca players put work like chelsea tonight, and i see that as a biggest obstacle for barca to get more in CL.

Chelsea were terrible in that first half. Giving away the ball and were lucky not to be a couple down before they scored. They scored from their two chances. It was kinda like when pep was Barca coach and played them. They would be rubbish and somehow knick a goal and hang onto it. Man city are still alot better than Chelsea

Last edited:
Pep is a very good coach, and most of the time his approach works, but his sides has always been a bit soft when things dont go their way.
This City-side will probably buckle under pressure again in the CL-knockouts, i still think they will win the league though.

Elaborate.

Givenchy

they'll go out against one of the big guns due to an away result

West Saxon

Elaborate.
He's right about this Man City team. They're so used to teams rolling over for them that when teams put pressure on them, they can fold a bit. Like when Liverpool beat them in Champions League and they wobbled and lost to Man United the next game. We've seen it this season, like when Wolves should have beaten them, or in the Watford game, when Watford put pressure on City in the last 15 minutes, got a goal back and could have got an equaliser. Chelsea took them apart the other day, City didn't know what to do because Chelsea fought them all over the pitch and refused to roll over and die.

Home of Barca Fans