User Tag List

View Poll Results: Who will win the league?

Voters
94. You may not vote on this poll
  • Arsenal

    0 0%
  • Chelsea

    1 1.06%
  • Liverpool

    22 23.40%
  • Manchester City

    69 73.40%
  • Manchester United

    1 1.06%
  • Tottenham

    0 0%
  • Other

    1 1.06%
Page 167 of 167 FirstFirst ... 67117157165166167
Results 2,491 to 2,497 of 2497

Thread: Premier League 2018/19

  1. #2491
    New signing

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    25
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DonAK View Post
    Literally no one want Liverpool to win, except Liverpool fans.

    Their fanbase is toxic as fuck.
    Nobody wants anybody to win except their own team. Do you think fans of other clubs are cheering on the UAE's pet project as they buy title after title in England?

    And frankly, Liverpool fans don't care whether other supporters want them to win or not. I see this stuff mentioned a lot that so-called neutrals prefer anyone other than Liverpool to win and I don't get why this would bother Liverpool in anyway? If it's a choice of Barca winning or another club (not Real) then 99% of neutrals would cheer for the other club. Does that bother Barca fans? I doubt it.

  2. #2492
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,935
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All epl fans are toxic especially Utd and Liverpool I was in England as a kid when Liverpool ruled and they were toxic as fuck.

  3. #2493
    I am Leg End
    AnfieldEd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Parts Unkown
    Posts
    6,722
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some interesting posts.

    Still a long way to go but it's nice to have such a lead so soon. But we've been in this situation before and with 30 games to go not taking anything for granted.

    That said I think we now have the mentality to go through games and eek out results (See Leicester and Southampton for example this season).

    Laporte and Sane are huge misses for City though and I do think their focus from the outset of this season is the CL so I did expect their focus to drop slightly in the PL. But I see them maintaining a certain focus in the CL and with a piss easy group, they can regroup in January and get whoever in for the KO rounds.

    If we have any kind of lead after Christmas then I would class us as favourites but even with such a big lead right now there are so many games left and injuries may also affect us.

    But it's nice to see that mentality from us as we could easily have done a 'spurs' and let our disappointed from last year in the PL fester but it seems it is City who have lost that focus in the PL.
    "Its not about the long ball or the short ball, its about the right ball."
    Bob Paisley.

  4. #2494
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    102
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AnfieldEd View Post
    Some interesting posts.

    Still a long way to go but it's nice to have such a lead so soon. But we've been in this situation before and with 30 games to go not taking anything for granted.

    That said I think we now have the mentality to go through games and eek out results (See Leicester and Southampton for example this season).

    Laporte and Sane are huge misses for City though and I do think their focus from the outset of this season is the CL so I did expect their focus to drop slightly in the PL. But I see them maintaining a certain focus in the CL and with a piss easy group, they can regroup in January and get whoever in for the KO rounds.

    If we have any kind of lead after Christmas then I would class us as favourites but even with such a big lead right now there are so many games left and injuries may also affect us.

    But it's nice to see that mentality from us as we could easily have done a 'spurs' and let our disappointed from last year in the PL fester but it seems it is City who have lost that focus in the PL.
    City have absolutely dominated the last two league seasons. The injuries don't help, but I think they don't have the same hunger for domestic competitions.

    If Liverpool do win the Premier League this season, I would be curious to see if Klopp can keep the team motivated the following year. They would have won a CL and ended the long PL drought.

  5. #2495
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    125
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sailor Mars View Post
    City have absolutely dominated the last two league seasons. The injuries don't help, but I think they don't have the same hunger for domestic competitions.

    If Liverpool do win the Premier League this season, I would be curious to see if Klopp can keep the team motivated the following year. They would have won a CL and ended the long PL drought.
    How did city dominate the league last season? Liverpool and City were equal.

    Season before, yeah they did. But not last season.

    How will klopp keep the team motivated? Liverpool finished on 97 points and won the CL. And currently 8/8 in the league and if Liverpool beat united they will equal city's unbroken winning run.

    Do you watch English football?

  6. #2496
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    102
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pfmpd1 View Post
    How did city dominate the league last season? Liverpool and City were equal.

    Season before, yeah they did. But not last season.

    How will klopp keep the team motivated? Liverpool finished on 97 points and won the CL. And currently 8/8 in the league and if Liverpool beat united they will equal city's unbroken winning run.

    Do you watch English football?
    You must be a Liverpool fan to be so sensitive.

    Man City has 198 points over the last 2 seasons with 2 Premier League titles, while Liverpool has 172 with 0 domestic titles to show for. Clearly one team has been dominant over the past two seasons.

    As for the motivation part, I was referring to if Klopp can keep the team motivated after this season, if they win the Premier League title. It was easy to keep the team motivated for this year, despite the CL win and 97 point season because Liverpool is more obsessed with the Premier League title. Most Liverpool fans I talked to would trade the CL title for a Premier League title.
    Winning the PL would mean Klopp and the squad have achieved all their main objectives. It is hard to keep a squads on top of the world for more than 3-4 years.

  7. #2497
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    125
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, but I wouldn't say city dominated the league last season. As in blew everyone away. It was a two horse race till the final game.

    And there were concerns Wether Liverpool can continue from last season, 8 games in and 8 wins. Best defence in the league.

    I don't think motivation is a problem when you have a young squad still raising their own profiles in football.

    VVD is still not accepted as one of the worlds best defenders as he hasn't been doing it long enough. Mane is still probably not getting the credits he deserves, firmino is starting to get realised for the star he is.

    Then fabinho is slowly getting recognised, Robertson and TAA are also nowhere near finished.

    So I think they all have it in them to motivate themselves.