Premier League 2018/19

Who will win the league?

• Total voters

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Depends if he manages to land the fundamentalist manager and a non-idiot socio to run the club. Or he'll leave it to Raul. Either way money will be there, project is also developing.

Money will always be there, but with Florentino goes some of the power and influence Real Madrid have. You never know if the next guy is competent either. Might end up with someone like Calderon which is clearly a downgrade.

El Gato

Villarato!
Money will always be there, but with Florentino goes some of the power and influence Real Madrid have. You never know if the next guy is competent either. Might end up with someone like Calderon which is clearly a downgrade.

Sure, there'll be a big shift. Question is what Perez's mission really is. From 2009 onward it was the league and Decima, then it was keeping that 2015-2017 dominance period going. But somewhere along the way he was casually creeping on with the stadium - something that will unquestionably be 'his' mark on the club. I don't suspect he wants to squander it all as fast as it seems to be going right now so in my mind he will be here for what I suspect will be nearly another decade. His mission is to set the club up against the sheikhs who are younger and have deeper pockets. The only way to do that is to bring the club back to the basic level where a certain generation of fans who came to watch the games for one reason only - to see the big stars perform. He seems to want them filtered out. He needs to establish a basic level fanbase that will stick with it under circumstances of minimal expectations with:
a) 1 world-class player (then Ronaldo, now Bale experiment, soon to be Hazard, then probably Neymar/Mbappe) who will carry most league scores
b) ... surrounded by local Spanish youth (hence he was preserving relationships with teams across the league, be it Sociedad, Betis or even Atleti and Seville)
c) talent scouted from South America who, if all goes well, will convince the next generation of players from the continent to join
d) ... connecting it all it seems it will be Pochettino who worked with almost the same recipe in Tottenham except he started with even less (had to make Kane into a world class forward).

Lots of risks, lots of uncertainty, lots of things could happen in the next 10 years. I don't think he feels he's done everything as a president. Another 5 years seem to be on the cards, assuming his health holds up. Only once he's secured all 4 and there is little doubt what else he could do better, then he'll leave. ATM even a few of these younger options (Vallejo with injuries, Theo possibly being a scrub) are still being reevaluated so he's not done yet.

barcafan161

Past his prime lol. I mean if you think Mbappe will stay in Paris for 10+ years and Perez will do nothing in the meantime, then sure, whatever floats your boat ;)

Yeah he won’t stay there forever as at some point he will want a new challenge.

If PSG don’t win the CL soon then he will want to leave i’m Sure.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Chelsea Sarriball looks like a delightful pile of shite. Pure panic whenever under pressure.

Enjoying Hazard's price going down by every minute.

:lol:

They actually invite pressure and have it easier to execute their game plan when they are pressured and can escape the first pressing line/wave/whatever you want to call it. Suits their tactics while in possession the best.
And Hazard is playing extremely well. He has a free role in offense which really suits him and you can tell he is enjoying himself every time he steps on the pitch. Tireless every game.

Watch the games instead of spreading bullshit.

El Gato

Villarato!
:lol:

They actually invite pressure and have it easier to execute their game plan when they are pressured and can escape the first pressing line/wave/whatever you want to call it. Suits their tactics while in possession the best.
And Hazard is playing extremely well. He has a free role in offense which really suits him and you can tell he is enjoying himself every time he steps on the pitch. Tireless every game.

Watch the games instead of spreading bullshit.

Don't know what games you're watching, but they're not recent Chelsea games that have many of their fans complaining about fruitless regista players forcing others into a wall. They invite pressure and midfield + defensive lines consistently struggle whenever the opponent presses them on their half, particularly when it's not Jorginho on the ball. The likes of Alonso, Rudiger or even David Luiz lost their shit on at least 3 separate occasions yesterday.
Their team isn't put together very well for this. Several of their goals of late came from long balls into space, two of them identical from David Luiz, once to Kante some weeks ago, once to Pedro yesterday. Sarri even says that Pedro is very important for him, because the likes of him are the only ones active on the shoulders of the backline. Him and Hazard make most chances while Morata and Giroud are dropped on and off. They're trying to play complicated passing into channels, Hazard does his flicks meaning he can visualise it, but players like Willian are just dudes who like to have a player in front of them they can take on like he did last night, or accelerate past them into space. Hazard is also playing everywhere and nowhere really. His influence is very up and down.

They really aren't solid in most areas of the pitch. Not one formation works consistently. And they don't have a reliable striker. In essence they're bummed if they don't turn it up within 3 months, because Hazard won't wait for Sarri system results forever.

PS
Sarri also suggested in the presser Jorginho may be injured and it seems he wants the club to find him a playmaker now that the only alternative in Fabregas had left. That's the issue with possession tactics. They're so difficult to reliably drill into players that they often break down as soon as a key piece is unavailable.

I don't think Sarri will succeed at Chelsea. Roman's stubbornness in the transfer market was a recurring issue. Don't think it'll change. Think Sarri may be free for Barca to take in a year or so.

Last edited:

Givenchy

De Gea was immense and United look like a brand new team

was expecting more tbh, Spurs are really disappointing.. i think Poch might pack up this summer.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
If you have time, you should watch Sunderland 'Til I Die on netflix. Great documentary about Sunderland's 17/18 season in the EFL Championship.

Home of Barca Fans