Premier League 2018/19

Who will win the league?

• Total voters
He's right about this Man City team. They're so used to teams rolling over for them that when teams put pressure on them, they can fold a bit. Like when Liverpool beat them in Champions League and they wobbled and lost to Man United the next game. We've seen it this season, like when Wolves should have beaten them, or in the Watford game, when Watford put pressure on City in the last 15 minutes, got a goal back and could have got an equaliser. Chelsea took them apart the other day, City didn't know what to do because Chelsea fought them all over the pitch and refused to roll over and die.

They were 16 points or so clear of United and had a CL return leg against Liverpool and should've beaten United in the first half were they could've been up 5-0 they also rested de Bryune, Walker and Aguero they beat United every time when it actually mattered lol

No, Wolves were lucky they scored an offside goal and it was also handled in by Boly, as well as City hit the woodwork 2-3 times and fluffed two 1 on 1, so I don't see how you can say Wolves should've won.

Liverpool (Klopp) beating them is more of a clash of style rather then being soft as you and Morten are claiming.

Chelsea got dominated throughout the first half and got a goal from the only shot on target while playing at home. Chelsea scored from the first shot and first corner (which they got around the 77th minute fyi). They played very similar to Conte last season difference is last season City got results, while this season they didn't.

Messigician

They were 16 points or so clear of United and had a CL return leg against Liverpool and should've beaten United in the first half were they could've been up 5-0 they also rested de Bryune, Walker and Aguero they beat United every time when it actually mattered lol

No, Wolves were lucky they scored an offside goal and it was also handled in by Boly, as well as City hit the woodwork 2-3 times and fluffed two 1 on 1, so I don't see how you can say Wolves should've won.

Liverpool (Klopp) beating them is more of a clash of style rather then being soft as you and Morten are claiming.

Chelsea got dominated throughout the first half and got a goal from the only shot on target while playing at home. Chelsea scored from the first shot and first corner (which they got around the 77th minute fyi). They played very similar to Conte last season difference is last season City got results, while this season they didn't.

The biggest Pep apologist returns to defend Man Sheikh. Imagine my shock.

A clash of styles? What does that even mean so every time EV loses he will say it was a clash of styles nothing I could ro accept the loss.

The biggest Pep apologist returns to defend Man Sheikh. Imagine my shock.

A clash of styles? What does that even mean so every time EV loses he will say it was a clash of styles nothing I could ro accept the loss.

No, I didn't say that did I? The person I quoted said Pep sides are soft, and I claimed it was more of a clash of style that has hurt him in Europe more then not. Teams today are much different to his Barcelona side and have figured out away to abuse high line team, hence Klopp superior head to head record against Pep who has a squad not nearly as talented as Pep. The losses to Monaco and Liverpool in the CL these last 2 years, as well as Liverpool overall, even Lyon this season, have been teams who good quality upfront capable of abusing his high line. In the recent clash against Pool, Pep conceded possession and didn't push up his fullback and he got a result shock horror and his side should've actually won that game.

This is not about accepting a loss and not a praise, but more of a criticisms on him. He won't get close to another CL, unless he adjust to conceding possessions against such teams. He has shown he could do it and has done it, but has been inconsistent, which has led to his CL failures.

Now please take that stick outta your @ss.

West Saxon

I'm not necessarily claiming that they're "soft", but more that they just don't always deal very well with setbacks.

That United game did matter to City. There isn't a more bitter set of fans in England than City fans, they are obsessed with Man United, it's their biggest game of every season. They could have officially won the title in that game. Believe me, every City fan and player was desperate to win the title against Man United. Yet having lost to Liverpool, and then Man United actually deciding to play football in the second half, City crumbled.

I don't agree about Wolves, they defended well all over the pitch (and yes, they did have some luck, but you need that against superior opposition), but I accept your point of view. Same with Liverpool.

Chelsea were poor in the first half, yep, but once they got the goal, what did City do of note in the game? After Chelsea scored, they seemed to gain much more confidence with the ball, and really, in the whole second half, were never under any serious threat. City had no answer to going behind; they might have dominated possession but Chelsea were completely comfortable.

Another example, the Wigan FA Cup game last year. City lost 1-0 in a clueless performance, they just couldn't break Wigan down and you could see the players losing it on the pitch, kicking out at Wigan players, moaning at the referee non-stop. Pep even lost it at half-time, he was fighting with the Wigan manager in the tunnel. :lol:

I like Pep, but this Man City team do not deal well with adversity. And that's not actually to do with Pep I don't think, they were like it with Pellegrini too.

I'm not necessarily claiming that they're "soft", but more that they just don't always deal very well with setbacks.

That United game did matter to City. There isn't a more bitter set of fans in England than City fans, they are obsessed with Man United, it's their biggest game of every season. They could have officially won the title in that game. Believe me, every City fan and player was desperate to win the title against Man United. Yet having lost to Liverpool, and then Man United actually deciding to play football in the second half, City crumbled.

I don't agree about Wolves, they defended well all over the pitch (and yes, they did have some luck, but you need that against superior opposition), but I accept your point of view. Same with Liverpool.

Chelsea were poor in the first half, yep, but once they got the goal, what did City do of note in the game? After Chelsea scored, they seemed to gain much more confidence with the ball, and really, in the whole second half, were never under any serious threat. City had no answer to going behind; they might have dominated possession but Chelsea were completely comfortable.

Another example, the Wigan FA Cup game last year. City lost 1-0 in a clueless performance, they just couldn't break Wigan down and you could see the players losing it on the pitch, kicking out at Wigan players, moaning at the referee non-stop. Pep even lost it at half-time, he was fighting with the Wigan manager in the tunnel. :lol:

I like Pep, but this Man City team do not deal well with adversity. And that's not actually to do with Pep I don't think, they were like it with Pellegrini too.

Fair enough, but I still some what disagree here.

"City fans" is key here, obviously wanted the win to rub it in United face, but do you think this game was that important for Pep? He left de Bryune, Aguero and Walker on the bench and I think deployed Sterling as a false 9, doesn't tell me he took it that seriously. In his first season in the cup game against United he did the same despite United basically using their entire starting XI. Of course he'd like to have won, but the way he approached that game also tells me he had bigger fish to fry.

That I agree with (Chelsea 2nd half), but this isn't the first time City have been behind with or without Pep and they manage to come back a lot if that's what you define as adversary. I mean why not mention the derby last year when City were 5 points clearly going to OT to face 2nd place United, which was a big game and they walked out with a W, despite the game not being that dominate? Or when City beat Napoli after going behind and are the first English team to win in Napoli, PSG and Liverpool failed to win there this season. This season they went behind Lyon not once, but twice in the return fixture and came back to draw and still be top of the table or Mancini City side that scored the last minute winner to win the title in 2012 on GD? Pelle City is the only City side to make the CL SF (the furthest they made it) and lost on an OG against RM. Last season in the cup game didn't City go to like 2-3 PK shootouts and win them all? They also thrashed Liverpool early last season in a fixture they keep them close to United.

The problem here is your grabbing specific games were you feel they didn't overcome the adversary or it was difficult for them, but leaving out many times when they have and believe they don't deal well with it. Every team has its difficulties, RM in the league, us against Roma last season, Bayern, etc etc.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Mina, Digne and Gomes. All poor today.

Not at all although Mina was largely at fault for the 3rd goal with that all too familiar lack of concentration but Silva was directly responsible for the makeshift defense of playing a back 3 of CBs who hadn't done it together really - more so because Mina should've been the obvious choice in the center rather than Keane

Gomes played well in the role he was assigned which was as a DM, City really didn't threaten much and were perhaps fortunate to have a slim 1-0 lead at the half as it could've just as easily been level. Digne played well and Mahrez really only got the best of him on one occasion

utility73

Mina was actually a significant contributing factor on all three goals.
He played an awful pass and then kept the attacker onside on the first, and his positioning was off on the second and third.

Home of Barca Fans