Premier League 2018/19

Who will win the league?

• Total voters

Messigician

🗣️ Mourinho sticks the knife into Guardiola's defensive tactics
🔪 “When a team plays like [Liverpool], you have to play with a very short distance between your four defenders. “Liverpool scored two goals. One between Walker & Stones, and one between Fernandinho & Angelino."

BarçaBarça

Geeeeet hiiiiim! Maybe he is vulnerable now and will change his mind about joining us.

We should really try - he could get this squad/club back on track for sure!!

Tackle

Most overrated PL manager of the last few years. He built an impressive program at Spurs and certainly elevated the club, but crumbled in the most crucial moments every time. Klopp took over Liverpool from a similar position Spurs were in and made them legitimate CL and PL contenders within 5 years. Pochettino won nothing and the highlight of his Spurs career was a fluke CL final and bottling the title to an 81-point Leicester City, but I guess that's okay because they played some attractive football for a while.

He got good reinforcements this summer and things have only gotten worse. No doubt a very intelligent manager, but success in football is not only down to tactical acumen.

I don't rate the bloke nearly as highly as others do, but I would take him here in a heartbeat over Valverde. He's better than all the other available options by some distance. Don't give a feck he played for and coached Espanyol for a while. The sooner this "Barca DNA" rubbish is put to an end the better it is for the club. He knows the language, the league and isn't mediocre. Good enough for now.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Wow. Ok. Do they even have a contingency plan?

Their contingency plan:

giphy.gif

Geeeeet hiiiiim! Maybe he is vulnerable now and will change his mind about joining us.
We should really try - he could get this squad/club back on track for sure!!

You'll probably see him in Madrid or Munich next season.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Can you imagine this in the Netflix/Amazon documentary they're filming? :lol:

I'm really looking forward to their Amazon docu now. Should be awesome, especially with these rumors of Mourinho possibly being the main candidate.

El Gato

Villarato!
I'm really looking forward to their Amazon docu now. Should be awesome, especially with these rumors of Mourinho possibly being the main candidate.

I might be wrong, but I feel they won't go for anybody that will remotely fit their needs in order to salvage anything from this season, which may well mean the delayed exodus. Not sure if anyone like Son will feel attachment to this team. Poch seems to have squeezed everything out of the squad he built and failed to bounce back. It's not a great look for either party really, but of the two who come off it poorly, he's the one with more optimistic future.

Sailor Mars

Most overrated PL manager of the last few years. He built an impressive program at Spurs and certainly elevated the club, but crumbled in the most crucial moments every time. Klopp took over Liverpool from a similar position Spurs were in and made them legitimate CL and PL contenders within 5 years.

What Klopp did is insane. He turned over the entire starting XI of Liverpool in 3 years after taking over with a very low net spend. Really the only guys he inherited in his starting XI were Jordan Henderson, Milner, and Firmino. Everyone else he bought or brought up from the youth.

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

What Klopp did is insane. He turned over the entire starting XI of Liverpool in 3 years after taking over with a very low net spend. Really the only guys he inherited in his starting XI were Jordan Henderson, Milner, and Firmino. Everyone else he bought or brought up from the youth.

He can thank Barca for net profit. Coutinho will go down as one of the worst transfers in the history.

Home of Barca Fans