Premier League 2018/19

Who will win the league?

• Total voters

KingLeo10

Guardiola is without a doubt one of the greatest managers of all time.

for me, there were 3 (maybe 4) revolutionary teams in football history:

1) Cruyff's Total Football Ajax/ NT. no explanation needed.

2) Sacchi's Milan. Their defensive prowess is legendary but not because of last ditch crazy effective tacklers. They defended in a way (offside traps, zonal play) that it didn't even get to the point of a tackle being necessary. Pretty much wrote the textbook for modern defensive arrangements.

3) Guardiola's Barca (08-11): Insane positional discipline, off the movement, hyper attacking fullbacks that not only played up the wings but also slotted in on midfield when necessary to restrict opponent's countering channels (RM copied us on this with marcelo/ carvajal).

You can argue for Herrera's Inter to be amongst this list too for catenaccio.

But yeah, Guardiola has his flaws and so did Sacchi and the like. But there's very few managers who can make a bunch of world class players play above world class level with their system. The reason he didn't win CL with Bayern is because of bad luck (v Atletico, they completed stomped them at the Allianz) and because some bayern players weren't challenged by their league and believed their own hype a bit too much.

even lucho before his 16-17 midfield meltdown is a tier above valverde IMO.

Last edited:

vlad

Guardiola is without a doubt one of the greatest managers of all time.

He needs to improve drasticaly in CL, since barca, he is getting embarressed in that competition with world class players

Its all nice and beautiful until his team face good counter attacking team, at barca he had similar problem

His record in CL away matches is story for itself,

Last edited:

Trickykid

Nonsense, Huddersfield would school Sevilla, Valencia and the like, and everyone should take note from this ChL winning worthy performance from Man City.

Devils

I’m always wary of these teams who start off the season at such blistering power, which seems to be the case with most Pep teams these days.

I feel they peak way too early and then suffer towards the end of the season.

KingLeo10

I’m always wary of these teams who start off the season at such blistering power, which seems to be the case with most Pep teams these days.

I feel they peak way too early and then suffer towards the end of the season.

sounds like us last season too. We played Juve off the park at home and tied them without Messi in Turin. Only to meltdown when it was money time. Had a bit of a limp finish to the league too.

Home of Barca Fans