Premier League 2018/19

Who will win the league?

• Total voters

stb_1

De Bruyne with Mane and Salah (my picks) up front would be disgustingly good.

Hard to pick two from Salah, Sterling and Mane.. All have been amazing. I think Mane just for all the work he does for his team HAS to start, toss up between Salah and Sterling. Unless you mean playing all 3 and leaving Aguero out?

FCBfan22

Hard to pick two from Salah, Sterling and Mane.. All have been amazing. I think Mane just for all the work he does for his team HAS to start, toss up between Salah and Sterling. Unless you mean playing all 3 and leaving Aguero out?

Nah. No Sterling and with Aguero.

Jenks

I wouldn't take Mané over Sterling. Yes he has one more goal this season, but eleven fewer assists. I think two assists all season is pretty poor for a player in that position and especially in a Liverpool side like this. I would probably have Salah over him too.

Sterlingfan2000

By far the best League in the world. They have everything. 6 top teams, insane money, good youth.

Who says Premier league is overrated needs to be banned

FC433

By far the best League in the world. They have everything. 6 top teams, insane money, good youth.

Who says Premier league is overrated needs to be banned

I do not think there is any doubt. it is a quality league and with Pep and Klopp there it is going to only get better. I love following the league and those who run it are doing excellent work. Winning the PL for some English teams is as good as winning CL and that says a lot.

Andrew M

It just goes in cycles. La Liga has won the last 5 champions leagues which is unprecedented and Premier league teams were always going have a good run again

FC433

Absolutely right. Spanish teams have been dominating Europe for a very long time. There is no doubt.

UEFA Champions League winners by nation:

Spain: 18
England: 13
Italy: 12
Germany: 7
France: 1

UEFA Europa League winners by nation:

Spain: 11
Italy: 9
England: 8
Germany: 6
France: 0

UEFA Super Cup winners by nation:

Spain: 15
Italy: 9
England: 7
Germany: 1

Golden Ball winners by teams' nation:

Spain: 22
Italy: 18
Germany: 9
England: 6

FIFA World Player of the Year winners by teams' nation:

Spain: 10
Italy: 8
England: 1
Germany: 0

UEFA Men's Player of the Year Award winners by teams' nation:

Spain: 7
Germany: 1
England: 0
Italy: 0

European Golden Shoe winners by teams' nation:

Spain: 14
England: 5
Italy: 2
Germany: 2

However, there is a huge difference between the quality of the teams and the quality of the league. PL is without a doubt the best league in the world but does not mean that English clubs are the best.

PL is very competitive, well-organized, beautiful stadiums and you really cannot ask for more. I cannot say the same about the Spanish league.

Last edited:

Ketoth

I feel like premier league clubs would have been the best if it wasn't for Heysel. The English clubs were absolutely dominant before it.

Andrew M

I feel like premier league clubs would have been the best if it wasn't for Heysel. The English clubs were absolutely dominant before it.

Are you kidding? What an absurd post. Because history has shown us that nothing lasts forever.

Ketoth

Are you kidding? What an absurd post. Because history has shown us that nothing lasts forever.

Figures from the post above are undoubtedly skewed by English teams being banned from European competition for a long time during the most dominant period in English football. It's not absurd reasoning.

Andrew M

Figures from the post above are undoubtedly skewed by English teams being banned from European competition for a long time during the most dominant period in English football. It's not absurd reasoning.

I'm not bothered about those figures. You could also argue that because English teams weren't in the CL in he 50s when real won a lot they would also have more. I'm talking about recent past and present trends. The likes of Bayern, Real, Barca are very wealthy clubs who in the near/medium term will be strong in europe again.

I'm addressing the theory that Premier League teams are succeeding this year directly because of wealth which is not true. The premier league has been the wealthiest league for over 10 years but still Barca and Real make most revenue now. Man utd are the wealthiest english team in revenue yet are not a good team.

I feel like we are back in 2008 when the premier league was seen as unbeatable forever, when only 5 years later there was an all german final, then 2 all spanish finals in 14 and 16 and 5 years of absolute dominance.

These are cyclical trends.

Home of Barca Fans