Premier League 2018/19

Who will win the league?

• Total voters

utility73

Very good and balanced yet also entertaining match.
Chelsea did not allow much of anything until that slip up by Emerson giving Liverpool the lead.
In the end it was the better finishing of Liverpool winning them the match today.

mesiesta

Liverpool at Anfield will be very difficult, but I'm quite happy that they are still in the title race. That can help us in semis.

Cule4life

The Culest
City have Tottenham at home and a very poor United side away. Let's not write them off yet. It'll go down to the wire though.

Morten

A title-race all the way to the end, and competition for 3rd and 4th.
PL is certainly the league to watch, less and less people are watching one-horse leagues like Serie A, League 1 or even La Liga anymore.

La Liga is becoming stale, its barely more competitve than Serie A anymore, as such, the interest is dwindling.

I still watch La liga though, but i can totally see why the numbers are down, and they will drop even further soon enough.

Last edited:

FC B

Not really. City have a game in hand and still a better goal difference.

Plus Liverpool are somewhat prone to late-season fuckups.

Possibly but don't see City beating in every game till the end and Liverpool losing points vs. weaker opposition...

Last edited:

ebc_99

PL is certainly the league to watch, less and less people are watching one-horse leagues like Serie A, League 1 or even La Liga anymore.

La Liga is becoming stale, its barely more competitve than Serie A anymore, as such, the interest is dwindling.

I still watch La liga though, but i can totally see why the numbers are down, and they will drop even further soon enough.

You would think it is like this every year with a post like that, the Premier League is rarely a fight to the end, Man City won by 19 points last year, Chelsea 7 points in 2016/17, then Leicester by 10 in 2015/16, Chelsea by 8 in 2014/15, Man City by 2 in 2013/14 then Man Utd by 11 in 2012/13. Most Leagues are usually decided by now, a season like this in England and Germany is rare.

I watch La Liga because the football is better, I find Premier League games to lack quality, and La Liga has had more close title races than the Premier League has had recently. Once Messi retires then La Liga will not be a one horse race, but rather go back to how it was before and the rest will have a chance, if we take him out Barca would probably be in 2nd place a point or so behind Atletico and and a couple ahead of Real, he is the big difference, put him in City's team then the Premier League would be a one horse race too.

Last edited:

Morten

You would think it is like this every year with a post like that, the Premier League is rarely a fight to the end, Man City won by 19 points last year, Chelsea 7 points in 2016/17, then Leicester by 10 in 2015/16, Chelsea by 8 in 2014/15, Man City by 2 in 2013/14 then Man Utd by 11 in 2012/13. Most Leagues are usually decided by now, a season like this in England and Germany is rare.

I watch La Liga because the football is better, I find Premier League games to lack quality, and La Liga has had more close title races than the Premier League has had recently. Once Messi retires then La Liga will not be a one horse race, but rather go back to how it was before and the rest will have a chance, if we take him out Barca would probably be in 2nd place a point or so behind Atletico and and a couple ahead of Real, he is the big difference, put him in City's team then the Premier League would be a one horse race too.

I used to think that way too, and then i saw Barca stroll through the league games as if nothing happened, whenever Messi was injuried.

Barcelona essentially became the Juventus of Spain, league matches is simply in their "DNA" by now, they've figured it all out, just another day in the office etc.

This is nothing new, btw, we have seen this devolopment across multiple leagues, where one team run aways it all every season, we have entered the era of "one horse leagues".

Last edited:

Barcilliant

I used to think that way too, and then i saw Barca stroll through the league games as if nothing happened, whenever Messi was injuried.

Barcelona essentially became the Juventus of Spain, league matches is simply in their "DNA" by now, they've figured it all out, just another day in the office etc.

This is nothing new, btw, we have seen this devolopment across multiple leagues, where one team run aways it all every season, we have entered the era of "one horse leagues".

Bullshit. Juventus have NO rivals in Italy. Noone to push them. We have the two Madrid teams plus Valence and Sevilla.

Barcilliant

I wonder if sarri will get kicked out if he doesnt end up in first 4. All in all not impressed by him so far, im saying this coz he was/is considerd as one of the barca favorite among fans when it comes to next coach

I think Sarri actually has over achieved with Chelsea. They are pretty poor. In hindsight I think Mourinho over achieved with Utd last season. Having good or great players makes things alot easier for a manager. Sarri has a bunch of entitled divas.

Sterlingfan2000

True and the only Intention for the Super League is to stop the Premier league. Dark horses say that the Clubs choose 2024 because they estimate, in this year the Marketing machine Messi will leave Europe, giving free ride to Premier league to be the best Marketing machine in the world and overtake them in southern country like Brazil and argentenians and Colombia

Morten

Bullshit. Juventus have NO rivals in Italy. Noone to push them. We have the two Madrid teams plus Valence and Sevilla.

Nobody has been pushing you the last few years(minus one exception), Barca is on auto-pilot in la liga, that much is a proven fact by now.

Jenks

Stones usually takes a few games to get his form back and Laporte is in some of the worst form is his career. Could be a tough game for City today. Massive game to throw Foden into too.

Centauri B

Yes, *this* season is exciting in the Premier League. Last one was won by City in the same exact manner as PSG wins Ligue 1. La Liga has had lots of close finishes in the last decade or so (08/09, 09/10, 10/11, 13/14 between 3 teams, 14/15, 15/16 again between 3 teams, 16/17) Even this and last season, our gap to Atleti has not been that great, in both seasons we had to beat them at home in the second round in order to take the decisive advantage.

Real Madrid will be back with a bang next season, they have the money in spades. Atleti are a wildcard going forward, and Valencia can massively improve by only adding a half-decent striker to their team.

Home of Barca Fans