Premier League 2018/19

Who will win the league?

• Total voters

khaled_a_d

you're right, but its still too close. city can loose points as well...one defeat and its all over. i want a decent safety net!

As long as both 3 teams (Barca/Liverpool/City) in CL, I would be hopping for City to drop points, not Liverpool

serghei

Liverpool work hard, and have a great manager, but some of their players aren't at the required level. They have the worst squad out of the elite teams imo (top 5-6). Which is why they depend a lot on intensity and hard work.

Cule4life

The Culest
Liverpool work hard, and have a great manager, but some of their players aren't at the required level. They have the worst squad out of the elite teams imo (top 5-6). Which is why they depend a lot on intensity and hard work.

Not only that their so called crown jewels like Salah are overrated.

Centauri B

I agree. But their hard work is a great advantage nevertheless.

Out of the European elite, they have the most youthful and energetic side. This is of crucial importance in high-intensity games such as the CL knockouts.

Liverpool will be a formidable opponent if we make it past ManU.

serghei

I agree. But their hard work is a great advantage nevertheless.

Out of the European elite, they have the most youthful and energetic side. This is of crucial importance in high-intensity games such as the CL knockouts.

Liverpool will be a formidable opponent if we make it past ManU.

Sure, that's mostly because a well coached, energetic and hard working team can very much overcome a team coached by a decent, not great, manager with declining superstars who don't work as hard as in the past. It's a two legged tie, margins are slim.

Things become very diffcult for Liverpool when they meet a superior team which is just as willing to work hard and fight for every ball. And this is when they fail, much like Atletico, which are similar to Liverpool. Both AM and Liverpool will find it hard to carry their style all the way to big titles. Becase when the workrate and intensity is up there, at very high level for both teams, the quality of the players tends to be the separator in most cases.

Last edited:

Centauri B

Sure, that's mostly because a well coached, energetic and hard working team can very much overcome a team coached by a decent, not great, manager with declining superstars who don't work as hard as in the past. It's a two legged tie, margins are slim.

Things become very diffcult for Liverpool when they meet a superior team which is just as willing to work hard and fight for every ball. And this is when they fail, much like Atletico, which are similar to Liverpool. Both AM and Liverpool will find it hard to carry their style all the way to big titles. Becase when the workrate and intensity is up there, at very high level for both teams, the quality of the players tends to be the separator in most cases.

I agree with everything you say, except the excessive emphasis on who the coach is.

But I will have to stress Liverpool's youthfulness once more. A somewhat ageing team, such as ours, cannot ever hope to match Liverpool's intensity, especially over a span of games. Even in a two-legged tie, there can be no other outcome than Liverpool more or less outrunning us. What is vital for us, is to keep this gap as small as possible, and hope that our small advantage in technical ability (mostly through Messi) will win the day.

stb_1

Liverpool has about 4 World class players:
Van Dijk
Alisson
Mane
Salah

And a some more very good players:
Firminho
Fabinho
Keita
Robertson
Wijnaldum

Henderson and Milner are solid, workhouse types who will always do a job and keep their shape.

How does that compare to other teams?

I'd say Man City have
Sterling
Sane
Aguero
De Bruyne
B.Silva
David Silva
Fernandinho

As world class.

Home of Barca Fans