Champions League

TrueCule

I expect Liverpool to win the match tonight and send Bayern and Kovač home with nothing in return. This Bayern side under Kovač is one of the worst I have seen in years. Klopp is much superior than Kovač in terms of tactics too. Cant see how Bayern could hope with Liverpool gegenpressing. It should be an exciting match with lots of goals.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Caught some of Liverpool - Bayern game as I was so bored and irritated by us. Liverpool is so rusty and bad, all they have left is the energetic runs, they have no idea what they want to do when they are close to the penalty box, they always crowded out in the middle of the park directly in front of the Bayern goal, only to be thwarted by Bayern's defenders easily. They almost had zero wing play.

Bayern was contained for the most part by Liverpool's pacy midfield and backline. I think Bayern will win this tie.

serghei

Not scoring an away goal may come back to haunt Barcelona. With Nabil Fekir coming back for the return leg Lyon will be dangerous.

Don't know about that. Last time a Ligue 1 side went to Camp Nou wasn't pretty for the French. We'll bag 3-4 goals and win 3-1, 4-1 or something like that.

stb_1

Should add a winners poll to this thread.

This CL is extremely close and there is no clear winner, so many amazing sides left in the tournament and a lot on the same tier. If I had to rank I'd put it...

Tier 1

1.Barcelona
2.Juventus
3.Man City
4.PSG
(in that order)

Tier 2
5.Real Madrid (Has winners + experience xfactor)
6.Bayern Munich
7.Liverpool
8.Atletico Madrid
(also in order)

Tier 3
9.Spurs
10.Dortmund
11.Man United
12.Ajax
13.Lyon
14.Roma
15.Porto
(all similar level)

Tier 4
16.Schalke

Tier 1 summary:
Barcelona has the best players and starting 11, no one comes close to Messi, even now. Juventus has top notch players + hardened defence, very good overall balance, good manager and just added serial winner Ronaldo who could push them over the edge. Man City has very good players + the best manager in the world, slightly less talent than Barcelona and (probably) PSG, destroyed the PL last year but need to push on in CL now. PSG probably has the second best starting 11 talent wise, and decent manager. Neymar, Mbappe and Cavani are a disgustingly talented trident up front, backed up with a midfield containing Veratti. Extremely talented. Play in weakest of top 5 leagues, Ligue 1, so need to prove themselves more in CL.

Tier 2 summary:
Real Madrid have won it 3x in a row and kept largely the same team, but they are playing underwhelming this season and lost Ronaldo + Zidane, probably deserve to be second tier now. Bayern Munich have a massive wealth of experience and talent still, I put them below the Tier 1 teams all round though nowadays, another giant club failing to continue their domestic dominance thus far. Liverpool have a great balance between attack and defence, but need to win something to be considered Tier 1, a few players in team aren't as talented as Tier 1 teams. Atletico have a great manager, experience and are also an extremely hard working team and well drilled unit.

Morten

How is Barcelona number 1 favorite to win CL?
Barca may win la liga on autopilot every year, but CL requires something else.

Also, City and PSG has shown fuck-all in the competition so far.

stb_1

How is Barcelona number 1 favorite to win CL?
Barca may win la liga on autopilot every year, but CL requires something else.

Also, City and PSG has shown fuck-all in the competition so far.

Barcelona simply have the best team. Watch their game vs Spurs at Wembley and how easily they picked them off compared to the likes of City and Liverpool. All 3 won, but Barcelona did it easier (just a simple example).

City and PSG have dominated their respective leagues with ease last year and have amassed some of the best talent in world football. History is there to be made, the past does not equal the future. Both will pick up a Champions League win and it's only a matter of when, not if.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Maybe you should check Barca's Cl exits for the last 5 years. I honestly can't see how you are considering Barca as favourites especially with the form they are in atm.

Home of Barca Fans