Champions League

El Gato

Villarato!
I doubt it, especially not against ATL, they dont have to quality to score 3 goals without conceding.
I think no team in the world would be able to turn around a 2-0 defeat against simeone.

Depends on a lot of things. Mostly form I think. Atleti can be got at if they're not coming off a hyped success like this. Say if they had two important Liga games that they lost, they'd be more likely to blow the lead against a team primed to attack.

I don't think Juventus will do it, because they're just not that used to chasing scores and Atleti is more than used to playing their game. Allegri pretty much screwed the tie and Simeone capitalised on it with positive subs once he saw Juve aren't planning to hurt them a lot.

FCBfan22

Dz5QbfBU0AEsKIr.jpg:large

:rofl1:

serghei

Atletico is not nearly through. Juve can score 2 goals out of nothing. They can force extra time only by defending well and being clinical. Juve only have 2 goals to recove. There is no need for them to attack that much. Atletico scored 2 after some deflections in the box after set pieces.

Morten

Atletico is not nearly through. Juve can score 2 goals out of nothing. They can force extra time only by defending well and being clinical. Juve only have 2 goals to recove. There is no need for them to attack that much. Atletico scored 2 after some deflections in the box after set pieces.

I`d like to remind you that this version of Juventus lost to Mourinhos United, at home, yes, the tie is pretty much over.

Barcilliant

0-2 is not such a bad score. If Atleti have 10 bad minutes the scores will be level. Juve are playing at home. Plus people are thinking of the Atleti of old when it comes to their defense. They are no longer the same team. If they have an off night Juve will go through.

Personally I want Atleti to win. There's no way we can win with Shitverde and a bunch of complacent seniors.

Leo_Messi

There is less than 10% chance of Juve going through. They are not as good as some people believe here and elsewhere. Chiellini, their best defender by far, is approaching 35 years. Bonucci has not been himself ever since his move to Milan. Sandro is suspended. De Sciglio is bang average. Cancelo is great offensively but more often than not a liability defensively. Their midfield is average as well and certainly worse than Atlético's. Ronaldo is 34 years old as well and not the same player any longer. It is not the same thing playing for a stacked RM that will create several chances for you each single game and playing with a 33 year old Mandzukic by your side and a bang average Dybala.

Atlético has got this and they and Simeone would need to suffer from an epic meltdown for Juve to advance. 1 away goal and Juve need to score 4. I don't even think that Juve will win the return leg. Atlético will frustrate them and punish them whenever given the smallest opportunity to do so. They will be fired up as well to reach the final this season given that it will be played at the Wanda.

Only them thinking that it is "over" will give Juve a chance to progress IMO and as mentioned an epic meltdown.

It's funny that Juve, for all their 8 year long dominance in Italy (a Serie A that is a shadow of what it once was and without any competition for Juve whatsoever), have nothing to show for it in Europe. The eternal bottlers!

If we can't win the CL this season (unlikely to occur but I still have hope), I want Atlético to win it. They "deserve" it and they are a Spanish team.

Last edited:

Barcilliant

It is quite strange that teams that have dominated their domestic leagues are unable to transfer that success to the cl. I'm thinking Psg, Juve, Bayern and to a certain extent Barca. The domestic league is a totally different animal to cl which is knock out football on steroids.

Morten

These comparisons from last year, where Juventus almost did the "impossible" forgets to take into account that RM cant actually defend (especially without Ramos), while Atletico is actually a great defensive side.

Barcilliant

These comparisons from last year, where Juventus almost did the "impossible" forgets to take into account that RM cant actually defend (especially without Ramos), while Atletico is actually a great defensive side.

A great defensive side who lost to Dortmund?

They WERE a great defensive unit. They are still very good but not as good as 2014-2017.

khaled_a_d

This Juve team has the most overrated defense I've seen in a while, no wall at GK spot to save their ass either and then you add that to mediocre midfield, and I've ton of doubts they can maintain a clean sheet in the next round

Centauri B

Ok. So let's do a count.

We have:

Tottenham 70% through
PSG 90% through
Madrid 80% through
Barca 70% through
Atletico 65% through
City 90% through
Roma 60% through
Bayern 55% through

You'd all agree with that give or take?