Champions League

KingLeo10

That’s what I think as well.

Highly unlikely that it will happen but you never know.

If it happens, it'd be a blessing for our chances. We have a shot against other top teams (Bayern, Juve, PSG, City, RM) as all of them have their own troubles. Pool have too much intensity for our geriatrics and I think the mere sight of Anfield would induce cardiac arrest for Alba and a couple other seniors.

Centauri B

That’s what I think as well.

Highly unlikely that it will happen but you never know.

Napoli getting at least a draw from from Genk at home is a given.

Now, RBS beating Pool is not a given at all. But, they will be at home with nothing to lose. You never know. If it happens, then it's brilliant news for us.

Even if Pool get through (by far the most likely outcome) they have weaknesses as well. Citeh, Inter, RM, AM, Juventus, Bayern, PSG and us all have their chances against them, they are probably the best team in the world, but they can be beaten for sure. Already Salah and Firmino look seriously off-color.

Edit: According to the bookies, there is a 25% (at least) of Liverpool losing their final CL GS fixture. I will gladly take that.

Last edited:

Centauri B

It's a high stakes match. Liverpool will shift up a gear.

That assumes that Liverpool have a higher gear that they can readily shift into. This is not certain at all. For sure, Pool losing is the least likely scenario here, but it is not impossible. A one-off match away from home is subject to the usual vagaries of football, Liverpool may find that their streak breaks at the least opportune moment.

FC B

Liverpool will finish first, draw Madrid and then crash out.

Would be great to see rm against LFC at Anfield.

I'm not a fan of the idea that had Liverpool went out of CL would benefit Barca. They play way too bad for me to hope they can win CL this season and I rather want Liverpool to win the trophy instead of Madrid, Juventus, Bayern or PSG.

And imo they won't lose against Salzburg.

KingLeo10

I actually think a fully fit and motivated RM has the right ingredients to punish Liverpool. Their defenders can handle pace. And their forwards can collectively score all sorts of goals unlike us who are Messi or bust in the CL.

El Gato

Villarato!
Genuinely no use entertaining the idea. Whatever advantage we have is usually squandered by a brain fart at the back. By even some of the most reliable players we have. First organised team that beats us on the grounds of insecurity will romp us.

Home of Barca Fans