Champions League

serghei

Italian football these days is dull.

I think it's looking good for them. On course to have 4/4 teams in the knockout stages. 3 will probably go through for sure.

Inter are beating the EPL counterpart in Spurs. Napoli beat Liverpool and dominated PSG overall. Juve is going to win the group, and Roma will go through easily. Many italian teams play really good football.

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
Don't want to get into a long discussion, but Madrid lost 3-1 to fecking Spurs last year in the group stages. A year before was beaten by Dortmund. It's the CL you lose games. They probably underestimated United because they bossed Mourinho's team easily for so much in the two games. Some moments of lack of concentration and they lost a game. Not that big of a deal.

There is no discussion to be had TBH. I agreed with you in that it's a group stage. Result doesn't matter - how the players didn't kill the game that they could have easily killed does. Unless Ronaldo changes that dynamic with some crazy display, they are doomed to repeat their usual fate in the knockouts, because they have a fundamental system flaw. I anticipate we can easily come back to this post in spring to see how it turns out. I predict they'll fail.

serghei

There is no discussion to be had TBH. I agreed with you in that it's a group stage. Result doesn't matter - how the players didn't kill the game that they could have easily killed does. Unless Ronaldo changes that dynamic with some crazy display, they are doomed to repeat their usual fate in the knockouts, because they have a fundamental system flaw. I anticipate we can easily come back to this post in spring to see how it turns out. I predict they'll fail.

Making CL semis and final is not failing though. There are better teams out there and nobody bar Madrid did better than them in recent years in CL. Who else has 2 finals in the last 4 years? They have only lost in CL against better teams. Barcelona, Bayern, Madrid, Madrid.

They had the bad luck of meeting two amazing teams in Barca 2014-15 and Madrid in 2016-17 in the two finals and were outclassed.

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
Making CL semis and final is not failing though. There are better teams out there and nobody bar Madrid did better than them in recent years in CL.

In their eyes it is. In everyone else's who values CL as the ultimate club trophy it is. And majority of the people do. Majority of the big club players do. They didn't buy Ronaldo to get into the semis.

Joan

jk91n7.jpg

serghei

In their eyes it is. In everyone else's who values CL as the ultimate club trophy it is. And majority of the people do. Majority of the big club players do. They didn't buy Ronaldo to get into the semis.

In CL you have several things that increase your chances to win it. Intensity, good tactics, ambition, luck, world class players, great fitness levels. You can have all of those but lack some luck and fail to win, or you can lack several things, but catch a good path and end up winning.

Everybody wants to win the CL, doing it is a matter of many factors. One can never be judged based on winning on not winning the CL. But you do, as a big club, need to play very well in it, to be in the conversation, and Juventus is a leading club in CL.

Givenchy

Would be great if Juve qualifies in second place, but i dont think will happen.

not really.. i mean, imo atleast Barca have better players but they are the type of team we'd struggle against, kinda like Atleti but with Ronaldo up front

El Gato

Villarato!
In CL you have several things that increase your chances to win it. Intensity, good tactics, ambition, luck, world class players, great fitness levels. You can have all of those but lack some luck and fail to win, or you can lack several things, but catch a good path and end up winning.

Everybody wants to win the CL, doing it is a matter of many factors. One can never be judged based on winning on not winning the CL. But you do, as a big club, need to play very well in it, to be in the conversation, and Juventus is a leading club in CL.

Waffle. As always.

As I said, I predict they won't deliver it, will see whether I'm wrong. Writing in between the lines that "it's not their fault" is nonsense by now.

serghei

Waffle. As always.

As I said, I predict they won't deliver it, will see whether I'm wrong. Writing in between the lines that "it's not their fault" is nonsense by now.

You predict they won't win the CL? :lol: They are not the no1 favorite. They should make the semis, and from there it's anybody's game. You can't really blame a team for not winning the CL, especially since there are better teams in the competition fighting for the same thing. It's rubbish.

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
You predict they won't win the CL? :lol: They are not the no1 favorite. They should make the semis, and from there it's anybody's game.

I assume you can read. Yes. I predict they won't win the CL. Don't give a slightest toss who the other favourites are according to polls, odds, rankings, whatever you put forward.

serghei

I assume you can read. Yes. I predict they won't win the CL. Don't give a slightest toss who the other favourites are according to polls, odds, rankings, whatever you put forward.

Seriously, :lol: you attack me with bullshit like this? It was a rhetorical question dude, I assume an educated person like yourself knows what that is. But enough with this anyway, waste of time. You predict Juve aren't going to win the CL. Going by your prediction that Lopetegui won't be sacked that soon I suppose I should be putting money on Juve to win the CL as fast as I can.

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
Lol, attack... Don't be a primadonna mate. You acted like you didn't understand a simple post with a few sentences so I felt like I needed to be harsher. Nowt more.

Going by your prediction that Lopetegui won't be sacked that soon I suppose I should be putting money on Juve to win the CL as fast as I can.

Not fully what I predicted at all man. Multiple times I stated "bar any disasters Lopetegui won't be sacked". 8 hours of no goals is disaster enough. Getting anywhere near the worst club records is disaster enough. Comparatively in a "tough" home game vs Levante we conceded 2 quick goals whereas against a much better Valladolid side undefeated in away games to date we've kept a clean sheet and fluked our way to the win. Difference is night and day. Lopetegui wasn't a bad manager by any stretch of the imagination and yet his sacking is completely justified. He disappointed many.

Centauri B

I think it's looking good for them. On course to have 4/4 teams in the knockout stages. 3 will probably go through for sure.

Inter are beating the EPL counterpart in Spurs. Napoli beat Liverpool and dominated PSG overall. Juve is going to win the group, and Roma will go through easily. Many italian teams play really good football.

I agree.

Serie A is routinely underestimated by both Liga & Prem fans.

Yannik

Coefficient pts 2018/2019

1. Spain - 9.571pts
  2. Germany - 8.642pts
  3. Italy - 7.642pts
  4. England - 7.500pts
  5. Serbia - 6.000pts
  6. Scotland - 6000pts
  7. Portugal - 5.500pts
  8. Russia - 5.416pts
  9. France - 5.250pts
  10. Belgium - 5.200pts