Champions League

serghei

If Atletico score in England Liverpool are in trouble. You rarely see Atletico receiving 3 goals in a match.

Gaudi

Yesterday L'polls FBs run up and down and throw many crosses in the box - because there were boddies in the box to aim at.
Our FBs have even more space but they need to pass back as there is noone in te box. Ok, they can try to dribble past 4 players.

Their FBs are hailed as the best in the world, we have meh FBs, especially Semedo:thumbsup:

Andresito

Staff member
First half they played very good and had more chances. They can turn up the game if they want to. This was the tactic for Simeone.

There were a few situations where the counter just stopped halfway, and that probably can be excused by the tactics of not risking it.

But in the second half there were plenty of chances. Morata should've scored, Diego Costa's overly ambitious long shot should've been a pass instead.
They messed up a couple of times.

Xaviniesta

liverpool will beat them at anfield 3-1 or 2-0. they found themselves inside atleti's box far too easily yesterday, and scoring from those situations is what liverpool are good at. plus anfield is a different beast. atleti's defense just isn't that good

plus if liverpool score within 15 minutes its over

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

liverpool will beat them at anfield 3-1 or 2-0. they found themselves inside atleti's box far too easily yesterday, and scoring from those situations is what liverpool are good at. plus anfield is a different beast. atleti's defense just isn't that good

Didn't Liverpool have 0 shots on target? Fairly impressive.

Xaviniesta

Didn't Liverpool have 0 shots on target? Fairly impressive.

yeah liverpool were shit in attack. salah should have scored one and i believe henderson had a shot as well. but that wasn't my point. liverpool managed to play in their box easily and that should be worrying for atleti.

atleti will shit their pants at anfield. they look worse than last year. had mane played 90mins liverpool probably would have scored an away goal

tacticvarium

I know they will eventually bottle it as usual but this one time.. I hope they prove me and everyone else wrong..! If Simeone had just one world class striker like prime Agüero, Torres or Falcao, he would have won at least one CL by now.

Gaudi

plus if liverpool score within 15 minutes its over

Exactly my thoughts, timing of the first goal will be crucial though, if L'pool fail to scorne rather soon AM chances grove exponantionaly

Andresito

Staff member
Gimenez was on the bench yesterday and should be ready to start at Anfield.

Felix and maybe Trippier back as well.

Vilarrubi

The away goal for PSG is key imo. I think they’ll do it in Paris, Dortmund will probably bottle it. Hope Dortmund do it somehow though.

FinBarcelonafan

The away goal for PSG is key imo. I think they’ll do it in Paris, Dortmund will probably bottle it. Hope Dortmund do it somehow though.

Verratti and Meunier out from the second leg will make it complicated. PSG fans always rave about Verratti and without him they suck. Curious how they will look in second game. Dortmund could easily score two away goals and put the tie to bed.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans