User Tag List

Page 2 of 279 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 4178

Thread: Champions League 2018/19

  1. #16
    Villarato!
    Wolfe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,322
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aryagorn View Post
    You would have won only only 2 of the last 4 CL - Always easy to suggest changes when you are on the other side of the river
    This makes no sense.
    People are boring.

  2. #17
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    2,586
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BarcelonaBiondi View Post
    Hope we get to include the 2018-2019 side in this debate!

    Then and Now: Which treble-winning Barcelona team was better?

    An in-depth examination of the two (to date) Treble winning sides of 2009 and 2015.

    Incidentally Eto'o was the first and to date only player to win two Trebles in a row, 2009 with us and the next year with Internazionale.

    https://www.squawka.com/en/news/whic...BE8EZDXvED4.99
    2009 side: most complete side ever IMO (6-2 at bernabeu, 4-0 v bayern in 45 mins, 2-0 versus a really strong United)
    2011 side: football perfection (5-0 destruction of a half billion + real squad that had a prime mourinho and CR7, most 1 sided CL final in memory against SAF's united)
    2015 side: unstoppable attack and really strong XI, only team in european history to register 50 W in a calendar year.

    My favorite of all of them is 2009.

  3. #18
    Senior Member
    serghei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Bucharest
    Posts
    17,600
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 2009 team was better than the 2015 one imo.

    I'd have it: 2011 > 2009 > 2015 > 2006. But even the 2006 Barca is among the best teams that have ever won the CL. All double or treble winning teams.
    Last edited by serghei; 7th August 2018 at 07:09 PM.

  4. #19
    Senior Member
    Vilarrubi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,432
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by serghei View Post
    The 2009 team was better than the 2015 one imo.

    I'd have it: 2011 > 2009 > 2015 > 2006. But even the 2006 Barca is among the best teams that have ever won the CL. All double or treble winning teams.
    Yeah I rate the 2011 team slightly stronger than 2009.. the way we took apart United in that 2011 final! Despite losing the Copa del Rey

  5. #20
    Senior Member
    serghei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Bucharest
    Posts
    17,600
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilarrubi View Post
    Yeah I rate the 2011 team slightly stronger than 2009.. the way we took apart United in that 2011 final! Despite losing the Copa del Rey
    Yep. The 2011 team was unplayable. Best team we'll ever see in our lifetimes probably. You had several all time greats in their positions playing in the same team at their peak, under a visionary manager with a cohesion and teamwork that was unreal to watch.

  6. #21
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    2,586
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by serghei View Post
    Yep. The 2011 team was unplayable. Best team we'll ever see in our lifetimes probably. You had several all time greats in their positions playing in the same team at their peak, under a visionary manager with a cohesion and teamwork that was unreal to watch.
    SAF said after the wembley CL final that that barca team was the best he had ever come across. And he had his share of encounters with some strong juve, milan, bayern, and real sides.

  7. #22
    Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    150
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can see RM winning the UCL again, and I hope they do.

  8. #23
    Barcaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Posts
    30,434
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Former Barca kid Olmo doing well for Dinamo. Scored and assisted in Dinamo's win over Astana.

  9. #24
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,976
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by beck123 View Post
    I can see RM winning the UCL again, and I hope they do.
    you must be out yo' mind state.

  10. #25
    Improvin' Perfection!!
    Aryagorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    8,960
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe View Post
    This makes no sense.
    Actually I take my word back- You would have been able to win the CL only once in the last 4 that you had won.

    As I said, it's easy to pass on the holier than thou attitude and suggest new rules when you are on the other side of the river - Real has won numerous CL but not many times have they actually dominated the league when they won the CL - nor were they champions the previous year.

    Just taking the last 4 - 2013–14, 2015–16, 2016–17, 2017–18 - They were domestic league winners only in 2017!

    Quoting your original post:

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe View Post
    It's a picture of complete sadness to see a champion of Netherlands knocked down to qualifying berths... I hate the debate of Champions League not being for the actual champions, because it's a flawed argument, but this top4 from big 4 leagues is fucking bullshit TBH. They need to reformat this, especially when they introduce VAR in European competitions.
    So by your suggestion they wouldn't even have participated in 2013–14, 2015–16 & 2016–17!
    Last edited by Aryagorn; 8th August 2018 at 06:11 AM.

  11. #26
    Villarato!
    Wolfe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,322
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aryagorn View Post
    Actually I take my word back- You would have been able to win the CL only once in the last 4 that you had won.

    As I said, it's easy to pass on the holier than thou attitude and suggest new rules when you are on the other side of the river - Real has won numerous CL but not many times have they actually dominated the league when they won the CL - nor were they champions the previous year.

    Just taking the last 4 - 2013–14, 2015–16, 2016–17, 2017–18 - They were domestic league winners only in 2017!

    Quoting your original post:



    So by your suggestion they wouldn't even have participated in 2013–14, 2015–16 & 2016–17!
    What are you on about dude? Where did I ever say CL should only be for league winners? That’s a preposterous suggestion.
    People are boring.

  12. #27
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    141
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pop quiz, hotshots: who'll win the Champions League first? PSG or City?

  13. #28
    Senior Member
    Joan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    6,986
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Neither.

  14. #29
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    141
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joan Laporta View Post
    Neither.
    So who's winning this season's Champions League? Seems like not everyone thinks FC Barcelona can do it

    Admins @El Flaco, @Messi983 and @Barcaman this might be a forum question/topic to do a poll on.

  15. #30
    Senior Member
    Catta's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    971
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BarcelonaBiondi View Post
    Pop quiz, hotshots: who'll win the Champions League first? PSG or City?
    City will win it, QSG will probably never win it. About this season, i believe it's either Barca or Atleti.